Paradise for Murderers

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
My lack of amazement tells me all the right signs about my decisions. It's not even pathetic, it's not even worthy of pathetic.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Its easy to see why the DR is stuck in reverse......No legal system to speak of....an unreliable police force....corrupt government officials.....Buy hey, hot chicas, cold presidente and tropical beaches....you can't have everything ;)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Its easy to see why the DR is stuck in reverse......No legal system to speak of....an unreliable police force....corrupt government officials.....Buy hey, hot chicas, cold presidente and tropical beaches....you can't have everything ;)

you forgot no self respect. there are certain things that people might be inclined to do, but they are so egregiously wrong that they think twice, if only because of appearance. too many people here do things which make other decent people cringe, and they do it without any sense of embarrassment. when guys get indicted for embezzling huge amounts of money, and judges just summarily throw out the cases, preventing the prosecution from having its day in court, you know that something is seriously adrift.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
There is no judicial system in the DR , iT is a money driven system and nothing more ,Three friends of mine were murdered in pop and not one was solved ?

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
SANTIAGO DE LOS CABALLEROS
Although El?as Luis Diaz (65) admitted in a video to have taken part in the murder of two women (22, 27) last year, a female judge ordered his release for insufficient evidence.

Jueza libera hombre confes? en video haber asesinado a dos mujeres | AlMomento.net

El?as Luis D?az mat? a dos mujeres con las que supuestamente sosten?a un Trio

donP

A perpetrator's confession without the presence of his/her attorney is invalid and can't be used as evidence. The press just shows up and "interviews" the person but this is not a deposition or interrogation.
The Fiscal knows it, the Police know this and allow it just for public consumption.Plus, it's very convenient for them.

Because they have a video, they will just call it a day and the rest the evidence will often be sloppy. The video will be on Social media and the news,so social pressure will be off their backs and shifted to the judge.

Same thing when some Fiscales let the cases expire, or the Police raid someone's home without a warrant. They know they need the warrant, but if they found a lot of drugs, they think their actions are totally justified. They don't get any heat for it anyway!