Liquor Licenses on the cards?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Posted on Dr1 News and from Listin Diario:

Government to start requiring liquor licenses

The Medina administration created a multi-sectorial commission to implement a pilot plan to reduce noise in Greater Santo Domingo. After a meeting at the Presidential Palace, the mayor of Santo Domingo East. Juan de los Santos, said a protocol is sought for the regulation of establishments that sell alcoholic beverages. The plan is to begin to issue liquor licenses.

According to Chief of Police, Mayor General Manuel Castro Castillo, 70% of the noise in Greater Santo Domingo comes from residences and 30% from businesses. He said the complaints are so numerous that the 911 has been overwhelmed.

In addition to the Chief of Police and Mayor Juan de los Santos, also participating in the meeting were Presidency Minister Gustavo Montalvo, Environment Minister Bautista Rojas Gomez, Attorney General Francisco Dominguez Brito, National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso and representatives of the city of Santo Domingo.

Crean comisi?n para ejecutar plan piloto contra ruidos en el Gran Santo Domingo | List?n Diario

Seems there is a desire to tackle noise and control the selling of liquor.

Of course this NEVER will happen because it NEVER has happened before.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I agree, somewhat. Oh they will sell the licenses, but they won't really regulate the noise or the sale of alcohol.

But, maybe, just maybe, they will have some effect. They have confiscated a large number of "noise sources/speaker systems" from offending colmados and bars.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I agree, somewhat. Oh they will sell the licenses, but they won't really regulate the noise or the sale of alcohol.

But, maybe, just maybe, they will have some effect. They have confiscated a large number of "noise sources/speaker systems" from offending colmados and bars.

Seems to be a war against the colmados.

Glad I don't live in ear shot of one.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
In reality what they are doing is trying to justify creating another source of income that everyone thinks is for the good of all! Just like the old Patente that you had to have !

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
As the DR goes online and figures out how to use a computer it is the beginning of the end. It has started already. Eventually everything will be taxed, regulated and licensed. It going to be Canada but with a much warmer climate.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
knock, knock on your door. "Good morning we are from the government and are here to help you."

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

windy, i love the term NOISE SOURCE. i am going to purloin it. anyone who calls those things speakers has never heard a speaker.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Posted on Dr1 News and from Listin Diario:

Government to start requiring liquor licenses

The Medina administration created a multi-sectorial commission to implement a pilot plan to reduce noise in Greater Santo Domingo. After a meeting at the Presidential Palace, the mayor of Santo Domingo East. Juan de los Santos, said a protocol is sought for the regulation of establishments that sell alcoholic beverages. The plan is to begin to issue liquor licenses.

According to Chief of Police, Mayor General Manuel Castro Castillo, 70% of the noise in Greater Santo Domingo comes from residences and 30% from businesses. He said the complaints are so numerous that the 911 has been overwhelmed.

In addition to the Chief of Police and Mayor Juan de los Santos, also participating in the meeting were Presidency Minister Gustavo Montalvo, Environment Minister Bautista Rojas Gomez, Attorney General Francisco Dominguez Brito, National District prosecutor Yeni Berenice Reynoso and representatives of the city of Santo Domingo.

Crean comisi?n para ejecutar plan piloto contra ruidos en el Gran Santo Domingo | List?n Diario

Seems there is a desire to tackle noise and control the selling of liquor.

It would be a good idea to use 911 for what is is intended....... emergencies.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Why did they ever include sound noise as a valid reason to call 911? One of the most idiotic things ever.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
windy, i love the term NOISE SOURCE. i am going to purloin it. anyone who calls those things speakers has never heard a speaker.

.....real speakers in the DR are very rare, I am still waiting to hear a speaker that you hear deep in your soul as I have on some of the other islands in the Caribbean.