Dominican Bank that deals in US dollars/checking account?

marina

Jan 2, 2002
www.kitexcite.com
Hi,
I checked the 2001 archives and it doesn't look like a DR bank offered a US checking account bank. Is this still the same today?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I just recently discovered this forum and have found information to be extremely helpful and sincere (for the most part!).

Marina

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You can open a US account at Banco Popular (I'm sure there are others). Withdrawals are no problem and they also issue certified US$ checks.

MaxxJaxx

Almost Silver...
Jan 1, 2002
Banks

When I first moved here I tried opening a bank account. I went first to Banco Osaka in Sosua, opened the account and was told it would take three weeks to get my ATM card. Three months later I was still waiting for an ATM card. Service sucked and the excuses were endless. I Finally closed the account.

I went across the street and opened an account with Banco Popular. I had an ATM card in 30 minutes. They were professional and helpful.

Maxx

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Banks in Sosua

Banco Santiago has the best rates and services I have found so far in Sosua. Visited about all of them but Banco Popular paid next to nothing in interest rates.

Check them out Maxx.

Best regards