Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm done with Presidente Beer. No mas. Even the black label to hell with it.

I'm done with Presidente Beer. No mas. Even the black label to hell with it. Lately I've noticed inconsistency I when I buy this beer. Some time it's skunked. Sometimes the beer tastes like tin. The fact is like everything in this Country made here consistent quality control doesn't exist. I'm going strictly with imports. To hell with presidente crap.

2. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Also have you noticed the new black label so called PREMIUM beer. No friggin twist off Cap? Neanderthal product.

4. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Me too.
    I reckon that since that other Merican lot took over Presidente it has become a tasteless fizz and that's being polite.
    When I first got here I drank Pres all the time then switched to Bohemia which seemed to me a far better beer.

If they cut off Bohemia supplies then I'm going TT....

Brahma is OK after the tenth grande but by then I could down dishwater.........

(How can anyone actually drink Corona??? Baffles me!)

6. Likes Contango, chrisrose97, frank12, Jumbo, TP666 liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's face it. I've noticed also the presidente foam once you pour it lately is fuct, not consistent. An overrated crap beer loved by the tourist shills. Yes it was at one time a good beer. But it sucks now. And it's way over priced for some third world sud.

8. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Presidente Light is about the only beer I kind of like. Correction: I really like Hoegaarden but it gives me headache and if they would sell Grolsch anywhere on the island I'd drink that, but in practice I drink presidente light (the few beers I drink).

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Years ago whenever I went to DR from Miami, I noticed that the Presidente they made for USA was different from the ones in DR. I would get a buzz from the DR Presidente and it would taste better. Not anymore. Now It tastes the same as the US crap Presidente and no buzz. Heineken or Dos X for me....None of that Corona crap fro me either!

11. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Your relationship with your beer is unhealthy, chill out. The tin taste is usually that you have'n't wiped the rusty top of the bottle well enough.

All beer in DR tastes bad as they ruine it being so ignorant about storage temps. The wine undergoes the same torture.

13. Likes Squat, TP666 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A cold beer in this blistering heat tastes like nectar when you down a good one. I too think the recipe has changed for the worse. I found Skol in LA Sirena a month ago, cheaper than presidente but they don't sell it anymore, guess the presidente folks had a word with them cos no one was buying their stock. I have gone back to Bohemia the colmados they know what temperature to serve it.

15. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I may be mistaken, but wasn't Presidente purchased by Heiniken two years ago? Has anyone ever tasted the difference between Heiniken bought in the states vs the small bottles sold in the Dutch territories? Very different. I drink Presidente, but I too have noticed it tastes different. It all tastes like the Jumbos use to taste. There was always a different taste between jumbo and normal. Now its the same.

17. Likes TP666 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The beer Social sold by Super Pola is the only beer, apart from imported British ones, which actually tasted of beer that I have actually found here.
    Mind you I was only ever draught, warm, beer drinker not the tasteless gassey stuff like Presidente.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast