I'm done with Presidente Beer. No mas. Even the black label to hell with it.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I'm done with Presidente Beer. No mas. Even the black label to hell with it. Lately I've noticed inconsistency I when I buy this beer. Some time it's skunked. Sometimes the beer tastes like tin. The fact is like everything in this Country made here consistent quality control doesn't exist. I'm going strictly with imports. To hell with presidente crap.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Also have you noticed the new black label so called PREMIUM beer. No friggin twist off Cap? Neanderthal product.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Me too.
I reckon that since that other Merican lot took over Presidente it has become a tasteless fizz and that's being polite.
When I first got here I drank Pres all the time then switched to Bohemia which seemed to me a far better beer.

If they cut off Bohemia supplies then I'm going TT....

Brahma is OK after the tenth grande but by then I could down dishwater.........

(How can anyone actually drink Corona??? Baffles me!)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Let's face it. I've noticed also the presidente foam once you pour it lately is fuct, not consistent. An overrated crap beer loved by the tourist shills. Yes it was at one time a good beer. But it sucks now. And it's way over priced for some third world sud.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Presidente Light is about the only beer I kind of like. Correction: I really like Hoegaarden but it gives me headache and if they would sell Grolsch anywhere on the island I'd drink that, but in practice I drink presidente light (the few beers I drink).

chrisrose97

May 2, 2010
Years ago whenever I went to DR from Miami, I noticed that the Presidente they made for USA was different from the ones in DR. I would get a buzz from the DR Presidente and it would taste better. Not anymore. Now It tastes the same as the US crap Presidente and no buzz. Heineken or Dos X for me....None of that Corona crap fro me either!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Your relationship with your beer is unhealthy, chill out. The tin taste is usually that you have'n't wiped the rusty top of the bottle well enough.

All beer in DR tastes bad as they ruine it being so ignorant about storage temps. The wine undergoes the same torture.

SkyBlues

Apr 8, 2011
A cold beer in this blistering heat tastes like nectar when you down a good one. I too think the recipe has changed for the worse. I found Skol in LA Sirena a month ago, cheaper than presidente but they don't sell it anymore, guess the presidente folks had a word with them cos no one was buying their stock. I have gone back to Bohemia the colmados they know what temperature to serve it.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I may be mistaken, but wasn't Presidente purchased by Heiniken two years ago? Has anyone ever tasted the difference between Heiniken bought in the states vs the small bottles sold in the Dutch territories? Very different. I drink Presidente, but I too have noticed it tastes different. It all tastes like the Jumbos use to taste. There was always a different taste between jumbo and normal. Now its the same.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
The beer Social sold by Super Pola is the only beer, apart from imported British ones, which actually tasted of beer that I have actually found here.
Mind you I was only ever draught, warm, beer drinker not the tasteless gassey stuff like Presidente.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I hate the taste of beer (too bitter,yuck) and l can drink Presidente. That says it all, lol. :)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
not sure a pint of warm ale on a Caribbean beach would be much better though- something cold is required whatever it is

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
not sure a pint of warm ale on a Caribbean beach would be much better though- something cold is required whatever it is

No question about that. I cannot see drinking a beer brewed to be served warm here ever. For a dank place like the UK, why not.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I may be mistaken, but wasn't Presidente purchased by Heiniken two years ago? Has anyone ever tasted the difference between Heiniken bought in the states vs the small bottles sold in the Dutch territories? Very different. I drink Presidente, but I too have noticed it tastes different. It all tastes like the Jumbos use to taste. There was always a different taste between jumbo and normal. Now its the same.

No, it was bought by Ambev, the brazilian branch of AB Inbev, a belgian company.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In April 2012, Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian unit AmBev agreed to buy a controlling stake in the Dominican Republic-based brewer Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana (CND) for over $1.2 billion, forming the biggest beverage company in the Caribbean.[4] The purchase was for a 41% stake in the CND from Grupo Leon Jimenes and an additional $200 million for Heineken's 10% stake in the CND, giving AmBev 51% majority ownership of the CND.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I notice once in a while the Pres tastes strange also. I think it comes from being left out in the sun and hi temperatures. I have no science to back this up. Just a guess.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I notice once in a while the Pres tastes strange also. I think it comes from being left out in the sun and hi temperatures. I have no science to back this up. Just a guess.

That will indeed happen to beer in a green bottle with respect to the influence of sun light. A brown bottle will prevent this nasty condition known as "skunky" beer.