Thread: Wine Kits

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wine Kits

Anyone seen wine kits in the DR? Preferably East coast but doesn't really matter.
    thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. Importing is probably your best option.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You might have some luck fermenting a red wine here in the DR. Fermentation temps for most red wines are in the range of 70 - 84 degrees. You'll fail making a decent white wine as those wines need to ferment between 45 - 60 degrees. Do your research and select a kit, probably a red wine that is described as being suitable for high temperature fermenting. If you are able to provide a temperature controlled environment then your options open up. When bottled being able to store your goods around 60 degrees is optimal.

You will have no end of problems finding corks, wine kits, decent yeast here. Much easier to set up and operate a small still. I haven't seen or heard any brewing supply stores in Santo Domingo. If there is not one there, there is not one anywhere in this country.

Good luck

4. Likes drdirectional liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If there are none in the DR ... then this is probably your best bet:

Amazon.com: wine kit

I have never used a "kit" for my wines or meads (honey wine). There are a lot of good recipes on the Internet, and many videos on YouTube. Sometimes, simpler is better. And here is another resource for you ....

Wine Making & Grape Growing Forum - WineMakingTalk.com

6. Likes drdirectional liked this post