Status
Not open for further replies.

Valeriev

Jul 21, 2015
Hi, I'm Val?rie, 34 years, from Europe. I want to come to the DR to live with my Dominican boyfriend. We both have a job (I found one really fast) and we rent An appartment in Bella Vista,SD.
I do have a question (ask for advice), but I 'll do that later😊.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
So skeptical all the time, no idea why??!!! The question could be about her bf who is a lawyer and wants to decide which law firm he should accept a job from!

Um ya right Harley, but kudos for the wishful thinking..

My guess its another white women who subconsciously wants to punish her parents...

Either way bring on the popcorn..

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Welcome to DR1 Valerie. However be prepared for the onslaught of naysayers and negative nannies. Hope you skin is like rawhide if you plan to hang around on this forum.
What does your bf do for a living? Give us his other particulars. Please keep us posted on your continued progress.
I'm gonna ride this one till the wheels fall off.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome but what is your question. If you are legitimate you need a sense of humour and a thick skin.

Valeriev

Jul 21, 2015
I 'm from Belgium. My boyfriend works in a printing and designing office, I am a teacher in a bilingual high school.
The popcorn is ready?
I have the feeling I live in a drama movie now. I would like to know more about the reactions of family members.
What happend: I went to the DR last month. My mother called that she doesn't want to live anymore and that it is my responsability when she dies or kills herself (not 'if', she's sure it happens soon if I stay in the DR-I 'll have a bad life etc.). I have only a mother, no siblings, my father died 19 years ago, and I come from an upper class family. I was always a teacher, so of course I can't life the same life my mother lives (and I don't want to, I am happy with everything that I worked for). She never liked my boyfriend, because he only speaks Spanish and English, we only have 40.000 pesos together in the DR every month, and other reasons. For that she has a depression for more than a year, she refuses to go to a doctor (I can solve all her problems...). I was always there for her, but I Ihave my life also, and I am happy with what I have.
So, I returned to Belgium a few days ago. Of course the story continues the same way...
Is that a normal reaction for a mother in this situation?

I have a Rapunsel-feeling now...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I just set my micro wave on 3 minutes 30 secons!!!
It's "Butter Lovers" but more never hurts!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Listen to your mother!!!!
We only get ONE of those, "Dominican Boyfriends" are "A Dime A Dozen"!
But they will cost you MUCH MORE than a "DIME"!!!!!

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
I 'm from Belgium. My boyfriend works in a printing and designing office, I am a teacher in a bilingual high school.
The popcorn is ready?
I have the feeling I live in a drama movie now. I would like to know more about the reactions of family members.
What happend: I went to the DR last month. My mother called that she doesn't want to live anymore and that it is my responsability when she dies or kills herself (not 'if', she's sure it happens soon if I stay in the DR-I 'll have a bad life etc.). I have only a mother, no siblings, my father died 19 years ago, and I come from an upper class family. I was always a teacher, so of course I can't life the same life my mother lives (and I don't want to, I am happy with everything that I worked for). She never liked my boyfriend, because he only speaks Spanish and English, we only have 40.000 pesos together in the DR every month, and other reasons. For that she has a depression for more than a year, she refuses to go to a doctor (I can solve all her problems...). I was always there for her, but I Ihave my life also, and I am happy with what I have.
So, I returned to Belgium a few days ago. Of course the story continues the same way...
Is that a normal reaction for a mother in this situation?

I have a Rapunsel-feeling now...

You are a teacher in Belgium now? You get a pension there. In USA pensions are liberal for teachers in state schools.
My Mom has a good one, ex sister in law is 48 and retiring from teaching......maybe not a full pension, but she "retired" and
is opening a clothing store (mistake imho). How long you know BF in DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.