Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tourist Destinations That Are More Dangerous Than You Think

Maybe slightly off topic but when I turn on my computer the yahoo home page pops up. Right at the top, today, is an article about dangerous places for tourists to visit and the D.R. leads the list. The article claims 39 tourists murdered in the last three years. I'm sure Carnival wants to be able to show their customers that they will be well insulated from real Dominicans and only have to deal with the vetted ones should they venture away from the ship while it is in port taking on supplies.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peep2 View Post
    Maybe slightly off topic but when I turn on my computer the yahoo home page pops up. Right at the top, today, is an article about dangerous places for tourists to visit and the D.R. leads the list. The article claims 39 tourists murdered in the last three years.
    please to include link next time. i found the article you mentioned: https://www.yahoo.com/travel/tourist...638057767.html
    Dominican Republic
    Stunning white sand beaches and warm crystal clear waters attracts thousands of tourists to this Caribbean paradise each year. However the Dominican Republic can be a very dangerous place for visitors. Foreigners are frequently targeted in criminal acts with reports of as many as 39 tourists being murdered over the past three years. The US State Department warns that the levels of professionalism within the local police is likely to vary wildly from that of the US, with common attempts to solicit bribes being reported along with incidents of them using excessive force.

39 foreigners, likely. but tourists? hmm.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tourist Destinations That Are More Dangerous Than You Think

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

always a good way to "drum up good will and recos. for tourists and increase revenue for the country

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The "media" will say or do anything to "sell a paper"... or now, get a few web hits. They make vultures look polite in comparison.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That must be why tourism is down in Detroit.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Thread reopened and posts from Carnival Cruise thread moved here.
    Last edited by AlterEgo; 07-22-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats only 13 per year! Obviously a "puff piece" trying to make us look good. Does that include the people that asked for it by being really extra stupid?

9. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

39 tourists killed in 3 years ?? 36 months ?? so it's more than 1 per month ??

JÚsus Marie Joseph !! Where was I for the past 4 years ?? I don't remember that many tourists dying here...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the dumbass who wrote that article thinks white=tourist. 39 gringos offed in 3 years sound legit. but tourists?

12. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast