Water Cisterns

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Need advice please. When you live in a house in SD that uses water from a cistern with water provided by the city,
how often is the cistern refilled and what is the normal cost? Is it billed and paid monthly to a government office?
Thanks in advance........

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The cistern will be refilled by the city at the speed they can deliver the water. It will depend if the part of the city has water 24/7. If you know where the cistern is go and listen through out the day to see if the city is providing water .
If not you might have to purchase water from a tanker truck. I don't know the cost I haven't had to do that.
The city will charge the home owner for city water. The city also charges home owners who use well water a fee. Not as much as city water.
Hope this helps.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what he said. the city delivers the water whenever they feel like it. may be every day, may be once a week, whatever frequency. you should periodically check the cistern to keep an eye on water level. the cost of filling up the cistern depends on its size and how many water trucks it will take. a truck can cost up to 3,000 pesos, depending on the size and even location.

the city may charge a monthly rate or, if you have a meter installed, they may charge you per use. again, that will depend on the location. you need to ask the neighbours about the details.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Inapa

... by the city ... the city has water ...the city is providing water .
The city will charge the home owner for city water. The city also charges home owners who use well water a fee. ... city water.

I think it's INAPA and not the city...

donP

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The cisterna is for exactly that, because the water supply isn't steady. The size of your Cisterna should be adapted to how much water you use and how frequent CAASD is supplying water and which speed. If you run out of water you can always buy a load, they'll come with a truck and fill your Cisterna.

You pay a fixed amount for the water or per water meter, depending on your situation. In my residential there is no meter, the only one in the street and we are paying a small amount for as much water as CAASD can supply. I have a leak somewhere around the house but my neighbors don't want me to call CAASD so they come with their leak detector , because they are afraid they will pay attention to the fact we have no meter and decide to finally fix that situation.........:bored:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i had one Cisterna... and didnt understand it...when water is on it fills it up..u use water in house///water off in the street still have water /full tank... so basically its the same as a 500 gallon roof top storage tank??? but under ground...???:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead: