Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How much does a scratch on SUV cost?

In Higuey, it costs a human life. Not just once, twice.

This afternoon, a man who was with his wife and daughter killed with 2 shots another man, in front of Iberia supermarket, who had just moments before inadvertently scratched with his passola the killer's SUV.

We had a similar case in Higuey like this just after New Year's, where a group of evangelicals from the church going to (coming from?) a retreat accidentally scratched an SUV of owner of "Inversiones la Moto" (a motorcycle sale and loan place) in Higuey. The guy came out and shot the driver of the truck, killing him and injuring others in the process.

In both cases we are talking about light scratches which could have been resolved with less than 5 thousand pesos (and today's case most likely less ...)

So what else is left to say .... Higuey el pueblo de los animales, Dominicana el pais de los salvajes ...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i got a scratch on my jeepeta this week but it did not prompt me to strangle the motoconcho who did that. now, if all of them had just one neck i could be tempted...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

We are not talking about motoconcho here... a regular person going to get his groceries.

4. Likes Kipling333 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be enough to shout few obscenities. is no one in control of themselves anymore?

edited to add link to the story: http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/...iculo-JD647946

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well. I lived for 6 month (way too long...) in Higuey. Moto drivers in Higuey behave like a**holes. ALL of them. They cross red lights coming from the right, left, front and behind all of the time thinking they own the road and respecting no rules. 0. AMET does zero to enforce the rules. If this would be the capital they all would be on foot, their motos confiscated.

I am surprised it happened only twice in the last time...

Traffic in Higuey, especially the behaviour of the "drivers" there is the worst I experienced ever. Enjoying the traffic in Santo Domingo now which is way better than Higuey and that means a lot...

7. Likes Kipling333 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm lots of motos do damage to our SUV or car but i have never thought to get angry really, it's a part of living here. Annoying for sure but what are ya gonna do?!

9. Likes Kipling333 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a pic on Twitter. Looked like he got shot at least once in the head. Didn't have a chance.

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Must be the heat...............RIP

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

i witnessed one accident w/ car and passola... passola hits car....driver of passola on ground...driver of suv gets out looks at his suv , passola , driver ,, and walks over and picks up the driver and whacks him two or three times...in the head...(punching)him
    then calmly walks away and leaves......i thought he was going to run over tha passola for a good measure but didnt...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Chic that's supposed to be funny?

14. Likes Tamborista, Hector L liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast