San Miguel Beer

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bohemia beer is not gone. They are making only the Bohemia Grande's now but they are making them.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I'm lucky 'donp' because my work allows me to enjoy some of the better Caribbean beers.........Carib, Stag, Skol (yes dutch but Carib Brewery), Sands and Kalik.......

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No Large Bottles For Me

Bohemia beer is not gone. They are making only the Bohemia Grande's now but they are making them.

I know.
That's why I said the small Bohemia is gone...

I won't buy the large bottles (of 850 ml??), the small ones were a good size (for me anyway). I do not drink beer to get drunk, I just enjoy a (small) bottle with my meal.
The Spanish beer seems to be a Lager type, I'd prefer a Pilsener though.

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sorry, I missed the small world. One grande and three sheets to the wind? That's a cheap date for your Mrs.

Looks like you may have to switch to some brews from the fatherland.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
San Miguel vs. Krombacher Pils

If it's the same San Miguel Beer sold in Asia, it's swill. Brewed and bottled in Manila.

I bought a sixpack.
Label says Barcelona, Spain.
The taste is all right first, but there is an aftertaste like old cartons... :lick:

Soon, I'll have a box of Krombacher Pils, from Germany... :bunny:

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
IDEA !!:lick:

buy the large Bohemia and some bottle stoppers.

decant the large bottle into smaller vessels and enjoy !!

I do it with wine all the time.................. hiccup!.....burp !

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Flat Beer

IDEA !!:lick:

buy the large Bohemia and some bottle stoppers.

decant the large bottle into smaller vessels and enjoy !!

I do it with wine all the time.................. hiccup!.....burp !

Might work with wine (especially red wine).
Once beer is poured, it goes flat quickly...

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Use the wine saver kit...... and pour gently........ I've done it.

if still a bit flat. mix with a fresh one...... done that too !!

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
When i lived in Spain that was the most popular beer on the market I liked it. Maybe you just have to get used to the taste.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
donP would not want the five most popular beers in the US either with Bud Light at 1 and Bud Regular at 3:

LOUIS (KTVI) ? The United States is 'Bud' country. According to online magazine VinePair, AB-InBev produces 11 of the 20 most popular beer brands in the country. Bud Light tops the list, with nearly $5.95 billion in sales in 2013. Round out the top five: Coors Light, Budweiser, Miller Lite, and Corona Extra.Mar 13, 2015

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Krombacher Pils

[video=youtube;0isQZ9VznZw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0isQZ9VznZw[/video]

Slight error there:
Krombacher is not a Bavarian beer... ;)

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With Germany being half the size of Texas how far away could it be from Bavaria? No surprise the geography part of his discussion was incorrect

This is a better place to go for the rating of a beer:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/566/1499/

Krombacker is a 78 out of 100 which is an OKAY rating. A C+ or B- .

Here are the top German beers from this site, Krombacher is not in the top 100:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/de/

Last edited:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Pilsner Beer is Pilsner Beer

Krombacker is a 78 out of 100 which is an OKAY rating. A C+ or B- .
Here are the top German beers from this site, Krombacher is not in the top 100:

This is a highly subjective and thus useless rating list.
For example there were only 3 German Pilsner beers compared and there were more than 20 other types of beers in the 100 list.
Comparing apples with pears, so to speak.

The rating of the Krombacher Pilsner (78) is very good, better than Heineken Pilsner (73), Coors (65) [which is not a Pilsner!!], Budweiser (60) [also a Lager beer], etc.

I doubt that there is an American Pilsner beer better than the Krombacher Pilsner.... ;)

donP

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All reviews of beers are subjective. It does not mean the reviews are useless. The data is just a culmination of those who drank the beer and gave their opinions.

I suspect there are Pilsner beers made in the US that are as good or better than Krombacher. I know you won't trust reviews on beers, so how would you prove your statement?

Here is one pilsner with a much higher rating on that site than Krombacher, and there are many more with higher ratings.

Samuel Adams Hallertau Imperial Pilsner | Boston Beer Company (Samuel Adams) | BeerAdvocate

winecountrylivin

Jul 29, 2015
America does have some great PILS especially if your more into the craft beer rather then the big name beers I personally like Lagunitas PILS out of petaluma Ca