Looking for Modest Accom. in S.D.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Wife and I have been traveling from the East frequently to Santo Domingo and have found it difficult to find accommodation to our liking. We have asked friends and family for recommendations. But, their idea of what we want is different from ours. They steer us to the moderate or high-end facilities. Also, the idea of spending a day scouting out accommodation when running the gauntlet of the capital traffic is crazy, for self-preservation we would like to keep it to a minimum. Some of you may know of a hotel or bed & breakfast in Santo Domingo priced, RD$300-RD$700 per night. Looking for a modest accommodation in a quiet place, private, clean room, clean linen, utilities that work and secure parking. We don?t need frills. Be nice, don?t say what we want are the frills. We realize this may be a difficult to find. Yet, we are sure someone out there has a favorite place to recommend. Regards, PJT

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Might check out Hotel Mercurs. I believe there are two of them in SD and when they contacted me they were about US$40 per night. Understand they are nice, owned by a couple of German chaps.

rasilm

Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
Inexpensive Hotels in SD

Hotels under US$40.00

Hotel Duque de Wellington
Hotel Kara
Hotel El Senorial
Hotel La Residencia
Hotel Guest House La Gran Mansion

For Pohone numbers...e-mail me

Rafael

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Pjt

If you want a nice hotel near a beach ( which Santo Domingo don't have!)you should try Boca Chica, you can get a real decent hotel with air for around 40 (or 600.)per night, and be right near the beach.......closer than 2 blocks!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Modest Accom.

Folks, thanks for your posts. Has anyone been to the Cervantes recently? If so, what was it like, cost? Regards, PJT

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Modest Accomodations

Additional hotels under US$40:

La Casona Dorada - 809-221-3536/476-7910

Hotel La Danae - 809-238-5609/5591