Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carlos View Post
    I just got back from Cuba.

still ways to go before an American can go and sit at a Cuban resort and sip on mojitos legally.

no real enforcement if you do it but still not legal and progress is very slow.
    Been there,done that!!!!

Ccccc

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    I knew a Canadian couple retired who spent 3 months here in Puerto Plata and then went to Cuba and said there is hardly any difference that they could tell, except the price of food there is cheaper here than they found it to be there. And the hookers were more aggressive than here. If he walked out the door without her on his arm he was accosted by hookers day or night.
    Der Fish
    That's a Plus's!!!!

Ccccc
    NaNalsives in the USA,has for decades!!!!!!

He just "Spins" everything DR!!!!!

Cccccc

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Never try to argue with a small minded Dominican

Ten years ago, Cuba was head and shoulders cheaper and better than most DR destinations. I only hope Santo Domingo keeps Americans out of Havana. It's already impossible to get a room there with the American influx.

4. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriela View Post
    Ten years ago, Cuba was head and shoulders cheaper and better than most DR destinations. I only hope Santo Domingo keeps Americans out of Havana. It's already impossible to get a room there with the American influx.
    The fact that they temporarily suspended Americans from getting visas is a great start, not too mention out of control crime and no rules on the road.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Huh?

Guess you've never been on a Cuban road and seen how little traffic there is and how carefully everyone drives. Also, you know nothing about Havana safety and low crime rates.

8. Likes Criss Colon, shingani liked this post
    On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess you've never been on a Cuban road and seen how little traffic there is and how carefully everyone drives. Also, you know nothing about Havana safety and low crime rates.
    Government lies about the crime rates and almost no Cubans can afford cars. Most police states have low murders rates by non-government agents. All the propaganda by Dr1 Granma agent doesnt change Cuban reality.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Your perception of life in Cuba is distorted because freedom of speech in Cuba is prohibited. The seamy side of DR life is exposed by DR media because they have the right to do so. I've been to Cuba many times and seen the degree of poverty and repression.

11. Likes bob saunders, spmc liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope this hasn't been posted already.

It isn't that straightforward, a Cuba trip
    Some red tape still

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/31/tr...T.nav=top-news

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    I've been to Cuba many times and seen the degree of poverty and repression.
    A lot of tourists don't mind poverty. Their money goes further, and they just ignore the parts that they don't like, and a lot of them privately support repression of the locals. It helps keep the tourists areas safer for them and their prices low.

I'm not saying it's right. I just don't believe tourist give a darn what a government does to its people.

If told, a lot would probably say "that's terrible and can you bring me another pina colada?"

14. Likes Fulano2, Africaida liked this post
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast