Hodelpa Club Caribe

kim

Jan 10, 2002
Some one please help me!!! My sister and I are heading down on 23jan for 3nights and from what I have read on this property, they discriminate against Americans!!! They tell Americnas the al a carte resturants are booked, they pass right over us at the bars to spanish speaking guest, and at the main resturant they won't serve us coffee, and make us get our own drinks. The word is that the Americans get a blue wristband and spanish get another color, germans get one color and so on.

Has anybody been there recently???? Please give me your reviews. Thank you.

keith

Jan 6, 2002
club caribe

Yes our neighbour freinds were there during Xmas and they said they would not return because of the service.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Check out the reviews on debbies page, Alot of the same is mentioned. I always go to Barcelo Bavaro Palace and am treated like royalty. I think you should switch.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
get real !

be sure nobody "hates americans" down here !!! I can assure you of the good contact you'll have with the locals, and by the way you should read the other thread in the forum called "americans vs canadians", it will show you that it is very safe and also very nice to vacation down here...

John El ?nico

Jan 9, 2002
This is a resort owned by dominicans. the service is very slow. I dont think they will discrimate anybody and of course they wont discriminate americans. The main problem is that nobody speak english in this resort, not even in the frontdesk.
it is the same for everybody, i think also the problems is that americans expect a better service than lets say europeans. this is defenitively not a resort for standard americans tourists. the resort itself is ok. nice layout. landscape ok., food ok., rooms are very simple. disco (2nd best in punta cana).
Service= TERRIBLE, as you know i am dominican (spanish speaking). I had to get my coffe by myself, if not i would need to wait for 15 mins. at least.
Be patient and you will be ok. if not try to switch to other resort.
Iberostar and Riu have a good service for americans.