Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default You CAN't Beat Them!!!!

After the hurricane here 17 years ago, it was impossible to find any 5 gallon bottles of drinking water.
    I had filled "OUR" 3 bottles before the storm hit.
    Then my wife gave one to her sister, along with "OUR" small "Emergency" tank of cooking gas.
    I got that because they ALWAYS let t e big tank rum out!!!!!

I got a big iron bottle rack that holds 30 of the 5 gallon bottles, like at a colmado, and 20 bottles of water.
    I also got another big tank for "Gas"!
    I told my mother-in-law, I had NO HOPE my wife would do it, to call the bottled water service whenever there were 10 empty bottles, to deliver 10 more.

Today I sit in "MY CHAIR", staring at TWO empty tanks of gas, and my mother-in-law just asked if she could call for a water bottle delivery.
    When I asked how many bottles she was going to order, she said, without any change of expression,....Wait For It,..."20"!!!
    I sarcastically said, "I guess I'll get another rack, and 20 more bottles"!!!!!

Again, without any change of expression,..she said,..."No I don't think we need any more bottles"!!!

AND SHE, next to ME Of Course, is the smartest person in the house!!!!

They CAN NOT think to get MORE Before anything runs out, and if you think you can buy 3 pounds of coffee, or 4 cartons of milk, so you can get more when there is still one left, you are WRONG!!!!
    You will find all the coffee, and all the milk, and anything else you buy more than one of, ALL OPEN at the SAME TIME!!!!!
    I used to think, "OK, I'll let them run out of sugar, rice, beans, cooking oil and they will THEN GET IT"!!!!!!

They Don't/Won't!
    They just call the colmado and 5 minutes later it is at the door, AT TWICE the super market price, but they don't care, "Papi Gordo" gets to PAY!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

2. Likes Peterj, donP, Domdream, Contango, bluemoonnyc and 22 others liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That is called ConBenience...

great story... lol... sorry to laugh, not at you ,but with you..

4. Dislikes HIRAM disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

My mother-in-law is afflicted with the same disease. We store the spare gas tank where she can't access it, and same for oil, rice, beans, coffee and toilet paper and dole it out when she has nothing left. She has plenty of money to buy more, has credit at all the colmados...etc but always waits to the last moment to get anything.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

At least you're not bitter about it..

7. Likes zoomzx11 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Criss Colon View Post
    After the hurricane here 17 years ago, it was impossible to find any 5 gallon bottles of drinking water.
    I had filled "OUR" 3 bottles before the storm hit.
    Then my wife gave one to her sister, along with "OUR" small "Emergency" tank of cooking gas.
    I got that because they ALWAYS let t e big tank rum out!!!!!

I got a big iron bottle rack that holds 30 of the 5 gallon bottles, like at a colmado, and 20 bottles of water.
    I also got another big tank for "Gas"!
    I told my mother-in-law, I had NO HOPE my wife would do it, to call the bottled water service whenever there were 10 empty bottles, to deliver 10 more.

Today I sit in "MY CHAIR", staring at TWO empty tanks of gas, and my mother-in-law just asked if she could call for a water bottle delivery.
    When I asked how many bottles she was going to order, she said, without any change of expression,....Wait For It,..."20"!!!
    I sarcastically said, "I guess I'll get another rack, and 20 more bottles"!!!!!

Again, without any change of expression,..she said,..."No I don't think we need any more bottles"!!!

AND SHE, next to ME Of Course, is the smartest person in the house!!!!

They CAN NOT think to get MORE Before anything runs out, and if you think you can buy 3 pounds of coffee, or 4 cartons of milk, so you can get more when there is still one left, you are WRONG!!!!
    You will find all the coffee, and all the milk, and anything else you buy more than one of, ALL OPEN at the SAME TIME!!!!!
    I used to think, "OK, I'll let them run out of sugar, rice, beans, cooking oil and they will THEN GET IT"!!!!!!

They Don't/Won't!
    They just call the colmado and 5 minutes later it is at the door, AT TWICE the super market price, but they don't care, "Papi Gordo" gets to PAY!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    Oh come on, you live here soooooo long, you should know they will ever, never, jamas "GET IT"!
    It's the "day-to-day" attitude...sometimes I am kind of jealous I don't have a little bit of that, would be more "relaxing"...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I call it the "Tropical Paradise Syndrome"!!!!
    Show me ANY "Tropical Country" that is "First World"???????????
    There ain't any!!
    Over the "Millenia" peoples in tropical areas never had to "Prepare" for winter.
    They weren't going to freeze, or go hungry.
    In areas where you will need to have food, and warm shelter, they "Get It",..."Prepare, or DIE"!

There is no"Papi Gordo", or a "Colmado" to bail you out at "20 Below"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to say I'm wrong,...what about Australia, or Singapore???
    I say, they were settled by people from "Cold Places',...England and China!!!!!!

Look at the difference between people from northern USA, ITALY,or northern China.
    Which group are more successful?

What the F#%K was in my "cafe" this morning ????????????????????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My gas tank's been empty for over 2 weeks now. Told the hubby 3 weeks ago that I need his help cause I ain't breaking my back getting it into the car (I can't even unscrew the nozzle). I don't mind though, less cooking for me and he's the one that's not getting his espresso every morning. The other night he felt like eating pasta, told him, "Sure! Your treat?".

11. Likes jd426, donP, Criss Colon, ramesses, CaptnGlenn and 3 others liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

After 40 years of subtle training, I'm finally getting Mr. AE to refill the BBQ propane tank when he connects the spare. Sometimes.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I was trained by my mother to have enough of everything in the house at all times, in case of a nuclear attack or war We could have survived in our basement for 6 months.

Old habits are hard to break, for me and for him.

Admin
    DR1.com

13. Likes ramesses, bob saunders liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

IF I may ask, how much is GAS ( propane) I never actually priced it or bothered to look
    .. just curious.. $ / lb ? or what not...

I did used to drive into the " gas" stations by accident when I first used to come down.. which must have been a hoot for the guys working there , shaking their heads.. " estupido Gringo.."..lol

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This Week: Gas Licuado de Petróleo (GLP) RD$78.70

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    IF I may ask, how much is GAS ( propane) I never actually priced it or bothered to look
    .. just curious.. $ / lb ? or what not...
    Prices per gallon:
    MIC - Precios de Combustibles

News:
    http://www.seic.gov.do/direcciones/c...mo-precio.aspx

donP

16. Likes jd426 liked this post
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast