Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where will the US dollar be going?

This was posted by ZC1 in the FOREX thread and should provide for an interesting discussion by those of us here who know everything there is to know while not knowing much at the same time:

Any economic intelligence on this site that can explain why is the dollar so high these daysand where it is expected to be at over the next year? Just got a rate of 45 today, July 30th 2015. It is a double edge sword in that I like the extra pesos in my pocket today but know that prices will soon follow.

Yes, the dollar is strong and has been for some time. When will it not be strong? Some fortune tellers say soon.
    You are correct in fearing that an increasing value for the dollar will cause peso prices to rise. And if the dollar falls, those prices will remain where they were in a ratchet effect of prices ever going upwards for most items.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You can answer your questions all by yourself!!!!!!!!
    Over the last 20 years, has the Dominican peso gotten "stronger", or "Weaker" against the US dollar???????
    Would you rather have $1,000 dollars in you pocket, or 45,000 pesos.
    Would you prefer a "Fixed Income" for the next 10 years of your life in "Dollars", or "Pesos"?????

The US Dollar is the "World's Currency" for a good reason!!!!

ONE good thing about being "OLD", and "STILL" having a good memory, is that I have heard, "The US dollar will soon be worthless, The "Euro" or te Chinese "Yuan"?????, will be replacing the dollar as the favored currency"!!!
    A MILLION TIMES!!!!

And I am STILL VERY HAPPY I get my pensions in US DOLLARS!!!!

Could be WORSE, the "Bolivar" has devalued 600 plus % "SO FAR" this year!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

3. Likes bluemoonnyc, Contango, jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

the dollar will be replaced by the e-peso. duh!

5. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

CC I agree with you. The Petro dollar is a major factor so far.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    This was posted by ZC1 in the FOREX thread and should provide for an interesting discussion by those of us here who know everything there is to know while not knowing much at the same time:

Any economic intelligence on this site that can explain why is the dollar so high these daysand where it is expected to be at over the next year? Just got a rate of 45 today, July 30th 2015. It is a double edge sword in that I like the extra pesos in my pocket today but know that prices will soon follow.

Yes, the dollar is strong and has been for some time. When will it not be strong? Some fortune tellers say soon.
    You are correct in fearing that an increasing value for the dollar will cause peso prices to rise. And if the dollar falls, those prices will remain where they were in a ratchet effect of prices ever going upwards for most items.
    Can you link to the FOREX thread please?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

when something goes high something else will suffer....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

That one. OK thanks. Thought there is another...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there some reason to suspect it will stop doing what it has been doing for a long time? I fail to understand why the DR does not just dump the peso and go on the dollar. It would keep me from having to constantly compute the new peso rate all the time as the dollar rises against the peso.
    I would like that.

13. Likes windeguy, Criss Colon liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Is there some reason to suspect it will stop doing what it has been doing for a long time? I fail to understand why the DR does not just dump the peso and go on the dollar. It would keep me from having to constantly compute the new peso rate all the time as the dollar rises against the peso.
    I would like that.
    If they went to the dollar, they couldn't print their own money.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast