Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Smelling the mangos.

What are they smelling for? Ripeness ? I know what to look for and I try to buy my mangos to ripen over a few days. I always see the ladies when they shop for produce smelling the mangos? What exactly are they smelling for? One other thing I've learned those assholes selling fruit off the trucks many times it turns out to be rotten. They are selling mangos and lechosas that they picked off the ground. Douc he bags.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mangos Protein Enriched

Quote Originally Posted by Contango View Post
    ...I always see the ladies when they shop for produce smelling the mangos? What exactly are they smelling for?
    Probably the little white worms many mangos have in them...

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans "Smell" Everything!!!!!
    Even clothes & shoes before they buy them.
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
    I found myself "Smelling" some shirts I got from Amazon when I opened the package!!!!!

All Hope for me is GONE!!!!!!!

4. Likes PanfilodeVaca, Tracym liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes they are smelling if the mangos is ripe from the tree or its in carbide. the taste is totally different.
    Also, they are some mangos that look very similar, and you just can tell the difference , smelling. for example mangos banilejos and mangos guerreros. the best mangos are still the mangos banilejos.
    What are they smelling for? Ripeness ? I know what to look for and I try to buy my mangos to ripen over a few days. I always see the ladies when they shop for produce smelling the mangos? What exactly are they smelling for? One other thing I've learned those assholes selling fruit off the trucks many times it turns out to be rotten. They are selling mangos and lechosas that they picked off the ground. Douc he bags.

6. Likes jstarebel, Contango, bob saunders liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What are they smelling for? Ripeness ? .
    The have to be smelling for ripeness - it's a sweeter smell. Fine if you're going to use them immediately, but I like to buy unripe. And ripen them myself as needed.

8. Likes Contango liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    Probably the little white worms many mangos have in them...

donP
    I guess that means I now have to keep my eyes open next time I eat one.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

So this may be up there with witches and stuff, but here goes......

When I am knocking off ripe mangos from the tree, sometimes green ones will fall too ( as in unripe ).
    If they smell of mango, they are lleno and will rippen over the next few days..... if they dont smell of mango, they will never rippen.....

Says the old guy I ask what days to plant guandules and yucca ( yes, yes, apparently there is a specific day )

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    So this may be up there with witches and stuff, but here goes......

When I am knocking off ripe mangos from the tree, sometimes green ones will fall too ( as in unripe ).
    If they smell of mango, they are lleno and will rippen over the next few days..... if they dont smell of mango, they will never rippen.....

Says the old guy I ask what days to plant guandules and yucca ( yes, yes, apparently there is a specific day )
    Yep, our Haitian gardener refuses to plant anything unless it's the right time of the moon or something.

And I agree with your mango theory.

Admin
    DR1.com

12. Likes malko liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hola,
    Mangoes are generally bought by smelling them, smelling for what? Sweetness! You can smell the sweetness of a mango. That is why. I cannot precisely explain by words by try smelling two varieties of mango.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

as cc stated they smell everything and if they don't like the smell they spit on the ground .