English to Spanish Translation

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Can anyone recommend someone who could translate approximately 4 pages of English to Spanish? They are not complicated documents.

The documents are to support my partner's Visa application for Spain.

Payment will be paid in advance to the person.

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
If you need to do this for a Visa you should go to a lawyer, get them professionally translated and notarized.

Most law offices can do this for you and it's RD$500 - $800 per page in my experience.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
They have lots of women in Spain already, even "Dominicanas"!

And you will save her air fare!!!!

"WIN/WIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
vinasolga@hotmail.com authorized legal translator - scan it to her, RD$800 a page and she will put it on Caribe tours or whatever back to you. She is based in Santo Domingo

Matilda

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
My son's wife is contracted with at least one U.S. company for translating services. P.M. me with your info and I can have her contact you

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can anyone recommend someone who could translate approximately 4 pages of English to Spanish? They are not complicated documents.

The documents are to support my partner's Visa application for Spain.

Payment will be paid in advance to the person.

Before you hire anyone, check with Spain's embassy/consulate to see if they have a listing of approved translators. Normally you can't use just anyone to do the translation when it's for a visa.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
$500-$800 per page? I paid $4,000 for 3 pages becuase I use attorney, more professional and more legal that way.

I can send you to the attorney in DR if you need. PM me.

Good luck.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
$500-$800 per page? I paid $4,000 for 3 pages becuase I use attorney, more professional and more legal that way.

I can send you to the attorney in DR if you need. PM me.

Good luck.

Paying more doesn't make it more legal. Olga Vinas, who Matilda recommended, is on the list of certified translators that the Dominican government accepts for residency/naturalization/etc.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
CC I think this is a special case......she has put up with me for 10 years now so I think she deserves a wee treat???

They have lots of women in Spain already, even "Dominicanas"!

And you will save her air fare!!!!

"WIN/WIN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010

Paying more doesn't make it more legal.

I agree.

Standard rate here is RD$500 - $800 per page depending on where you go.

I went to a lawyer here in Santiago and had them translated and notarized within a couple days for that price.

RD$4,000 for 3 pages is way too much.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
vinasolga@hotmail.com authorized legal translator - scan it to her, RD$800 a page and she will put it on Caribe tours or whatever back to you. She is based in Santo Domingo

Matilda

Hi Matilda,
Thanks for your post they have been most helpful. I have Olga working on my Birth Certificate translation now. The only things I have left to do is the letters for MPI and DMG. Do you have examples of those letters. Do I go to Banac Reservas for 1500 deposit like I did for for police report or is that somewhere else. thanks again for all your help.
HAB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Hi Matilda,
Thanks for your post they have been most helpful. I have Olga working on my Birth Certificate translation now. The only things I have left to do is the letters for MPI and DMG. Do you have examples of those letters. Do I go to Banac Reservas for 1500 deposit like I did for for police report or is that somewhere else. thanks again for all your help.
HAB

MPI? DMG? No idea what you mean!

Matilda

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
MPI? DMG? No idea what you mean!

Matilda

ok i will try to explain. In the request for naturalization by marriage they ask for letter to minister of police interior police for reason you are applying for naturlization. In my case this would be by marriage to Domnicana. i was just wondeing if there was special form for this.
thanks
HAB

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
ok i will try to explain. In the request for naturalization by marriage they ask for letter to minister of police interior police for reason you are applying for naturlization. In my case this would be by marriage to Domnicana. i was just wondeing if there was special form for this.
thanks
HAB

There is not a special form but this is what I wrote and it was accepted. Remember it comes from your wife and this sample I did is from husband so you need to reverse it - if that makes sense.

Al: Lic. Jos? Ramon Fadul
Ministro de Interior y Polic?a
De: HUSBAND y WIFE
Anexo: Copia de la c?dula de HUSBAND y la pasaporte de WIFE
Original de Acta de Matrimonio
Original de Acta de Nacimiento de HUSBAND
Cuatro fotograf?as de WIFE
Factura de un peri?dico de circulaci?n nacional
Solicitud de naturalizaci?n

Honorable Ministro
Los suscritos, se?ores HUSBAND AND WIFE, dominicano y inglesa, mayores de edad, casados entre s?, el primero provisto de la c?dula de identidad electoral No HUSBAND CEDULA y la segunda pasaporte No. WIFE PASSPORT, domiciliados y residentes en ADDRESS, por medio de la presento tenemos a bien exponeros y solicitaros lo siguiente:
Atendido: A que, los suscritos contrajimos Matrimonia, seg?n consta en Extracto de Acta de Matrimonio anexa a la presente
Atendido: A que, de conformidad con la ley sobre la materia, los extranjeros pueden optar por la nacionalidad dominicana cuando est?n casados con un nacional dominicano.
Por tales motivos, tenemos a bien solicitaros lo siguiente:
?NICO: Que teng?is a bien otorgar la nacionalidad a favor de la se?ora WIFE en virtud del Art 1, inciso d), Ley 1683, G.O. 6787 del 21 de abril del 1948, sobre naturalizaci?n por Matrimonio, y en raz?n de que el mismo desea adquirir la nacionalidad dominicana.
En la Ciudad de Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Capital de la Rep?blica Dominicana, a los cinco (5) d?as del mes de diciembre, del a?o Dos Mil Catorce (2014).

__________________________ ____________________________
HUSBAND WIFE

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
There is not a special form but this is what I wrote and it was accepted. Remember it comes from your wife and this sample I did is from husband so you need to reverse it - if that makes sense.

Al: Lic. Jos? Ramon Fadul
Ministro de Interior y Polic?a
De: HUSBAND y WIFE
Anexo: Copia de la c?dula de HUSBAND y la pasaporte de WIFE
Original de Acta de Matrimonio
Original de Acta de Nacimiento de HUSBAND
Cuatro fotograf?as de WIFE
Factura de un peri?dico de circulaci?n nacional
Solicitud de naturalizaci?n

Honorable Ministro
Los suscritos, se?ores HUSBAND AND WIFE, dominicano y inglesa, mayores de edad, casados entre s?, el primero provisto de la c?dula de identidad electoral No HUSBAND CEDULA y la segunda pasaporte No. WIFE PASSPORT, domiciliados y residentes en ADDRESS, por medio de la presento tenemos a bien exponeros y solicitaros lo siguiente:
Atendido: A que, los suscritos contrajimos Matrimonia, seg?n consta en Extracto de Acta de Matrimonio anexa a la presente
Atendido: A que, de conformidad con la ley sobre la materia, los extranjeros pueden optar por la nacionalidad dominicana cuando est?n casados con un nacional dominicano.
Por tales motivos, tenemos a bien solicitaros lo siguiente:
?NICO: Que teng?is a bien otorgar la nacionalidad a favor de la se?ora WIFE en virtud del Art 1, inciso d), Ley 1683, G.O. 6787 del 21 de abril del 1948, sobre naturalizaci?n por Matrimonio, y en raz?n de que el mismo desea adquirir la nacionalidad dominicana.
En la Ciudad de Santo Domingo, Distrito Nacional, Capital de la Rep?blica Dominicana, a los cinco (5) d?as del mes de diciembre, del a?o Dos Mil Catorce (2014).

__________________________ ____________________________
HUSBAND WIFE

Thanks you very much. That looks great.I met with Olga today and she is wonderful. had the translation done a half hour after I talked with her. We had a great talk and became fast friends. She comes from the same area in the DR as my wife.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
well with the help of Olga and Matilda I made it through Immigration today. I now have my certificate of 6 month residency. Tomorrow my wife and I will be going to Department of Interior with all our paperwork to apply for naturalization. With all the fees including tomorrow we will have spent around $300 US. Much better than giving the lawyers $1500. That is some game they got going on, Will update when there is more info. If anyone needs help let me know.
HAB

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
Went to dept of Interior with my documents and all went well. My interview will be in 2 weeks. Then naturalization ceremony later. So if I can do this any one can do this process. Again thanks to all in this forum with helpful advice, and any one that needs help please ask. If you want to private message me that is fine.
HAB