Where do old cars go to die?

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
My 1991 Montero has about had it. It has a little bit of life left, but I am not sure I could sell it. Back in 'murica, I could drop my old car off at the junk yard, and get a few hundred bucks for it for scrap or parts. Is there any such thing like that here, can I bring it to mechanic to sell for parts, or do I just leave it parked somewhere to sit forever?

Jan 9, 2004
My 1991 Montero has about had it. It has a little bit of life left, but I am not sure I could sell it. Back in 'murica, I could drop my old car off at the junk yard, and get a few hundred bucks for it for scrap or parts. Is there any such thing like that here, can I bring it to mechanic to sell for parts, or do I just leave it parked somewhere to sit forever?

Good question.

Most of the "junkyards are small in scope/size...but they exist. You might want to ask someone in your area about them and then make some phone calls.

My clients are working on a number of projects in this space.....but like all things in the DR....it takes time.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
man, it would make a PERFECT taxi for ciudad crucerista. list it on supercarros at 100k pesos negotiable and have someone else die in it.

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
Take it to a used parts place for cars and ask them what they would give you for it........no wait sell it to those guys who buy scrap metal in those scrap metal looking trucks they drive and tell how much he'd give you for your ride......:cool:

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

This would make a great "cabana". Find a sport and a red light for the roof.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
A friend of mine sold an old Explorer that was in an accident for around 2k for parts.....so 500 may be a little short.....check around at some used parts places they are always looking for parts