Where can I buy some Horseradish So I can at least make a Cocktail Sauce?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Where can I buy some Horseradish So I can at least make a Cocktail Sauce? Also when will "Latin Americans, Doms, assorted, learn that a thousand Islands dressing is NOT COCKTAIL SAUCE!? How many more years, Sheesh!.. I have a Big Bag of Shrimp and it needs proper sauce for dipping.. Ketchup/Horseradish/Lemon/ a little cilantro... Spicy!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I share your pain. I have not seen horseradish in the DR. Wretched impersonations of tartar sauce (not that the best version is good), but not cocktail sauce as yet.

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Amazon is the only place I’ve found for pure Horseradish without mayonnaise. Atomic Horseradish - Extra Hot - "2 Pack" - (6 Oz Jars) Price $9.98

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nacional has it.... look in the German section.... spice section
plain, w/ mustard, extra hot.... mucho

We bring it down regularly just to be safe

I saw it last week @ Nacional in STI

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
The little market area of HVB Plaza on Rte#5 Sosua/Cabarete usually has several brands.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
bon provecho

Where can I buy some Horseradish So I can at least make a Cocktail Sauce? Also when will "Latin Americans, Doms, assorted, learn that a thousand Islands dressing is NOT COCKTAIL SAUCE!? How many more years, Sheesh!.. I have a Big Bag of Shrimp and it needs proper sauce for dipping.. Ketchup/Horseradish/Lemon/ a little cilantro... Spicy!

Visit Mike he should have some.
If not, chop jalape?os or haba?eros.. chilis that is, and add some lime juice,ketchup, mayo and cilantro for a different version.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I have never found horseradish in the DR. You can buy cocktail sauce that has horseradish and ketchup but I have had to bring in horseradish from the States. You might try substituing Wasabi paste for the horseradish. It isn't exact but it is close.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
OP,

If you end up importing horseradish, try and find the dehydrated product that you reconstitute by adding water. Much cheaper inthe long run and keeps forever. Whenever you need some, just add water and wait a bit.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
OP,

If you end up importing horseradish, try and find the dehydrated product that you reconstitute by adding water. Much cheaper inthe long run and keeps forever. Whenever you need some, just add water and wait a bit.

That's like saying Tang is better than fresh squeezed OJ!
Gold's horseradish or nothing @ all man.

I sense you are a drinker for some reason?
Would you put powdered horseradish in a Bloody Mary?