Please dont rob the tourists

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sosua News has an article today wherein the president of the Chamber of Commerce, Mike Musa, asks the locals in PP to not rob the cruise ship tourists as its bad for tourism. Cruise ships start landing in Oct. Only in the DR would the chamber of commerce say something like this. Wonder if it will work. We will see in Oct. Dv8 is standing by with the crime report as the tourists disembark. Has anyone warned the tourists? Going to be very interesting.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
We shall see what we shall see. I think that the low hanging fruit ( foolish tourists) will be picked rather quickly.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Honor amongst theives? I don't think so. Over charging and hustling these unsuspecting tourist should be the least of Mike Musa's concerns. The government pours millions of pesos into the road construction and kick back schemes but doesnt nothing to address or improve the daily living conditions of the locals who live in this area. Mind you, these are the same locals they are asking not to rob and steal from these tourist. Give me a break.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Honor amongst theives? I don't think so. Over charging and hustling these unsuspecting tourist should be the least of Mike Musa's concerns. The government pours millions of pesos into the road construction and kick back schemes but doesnt nothing to address or improve the daily living conditions of the locals who live in this area. Mind you, these are the same locals they are asking not to rob and steal from these tourist. Give me a break.

wow,,,new roads are not for the locals???and how would you improve the conditiond of poor undereducated non skilled(mostly) peoples?? does the sun shine for these same peoples...these same peeps could have seen the future...learnt english, german, italian and done some giude/tourist work...
holy cow 30 years ago with out the ships p.p. was packed everyday...t shirt shops...trinkets everywhere....in fact i might start a small concern and manufacture something for sale to the tourists... and i like the new roads...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
They do it now, why would they stop just because they are cruise ship tourists?

because maybe they have been"warned" by their own local chiefs./police/ and they might realize that it' s serious...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Sosua News has an article today wherein the president of the Chamber of Commerce, Mike Musa, asks the locals in PP to not rob the cruise ship tourists as its bad for tourism. Cruise ships start landing in Oct. Only in the DR would the chamber of commerce say something like this. Wonder if it will work. We will see in Oct. Dv8 is standing by with the crime report as the tourists disembark. Has anyone warned the tourists? Going to be very interesting.

It seems to me that they will probably beef up security in and around the port. I am sure that they are probably told on the ship to be careful because as in any of the islands pick pockets and rip off artists thrive.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It's kinda like asking a serial killer to stop killing people.

It's more like asking someone to choose not to commit a crime of opportunity. Many serial killers, sexual deviants are acting out a compulsion that can only be temporarily satisfied by seeing the activity through to its logical conclusion. Like scratching an itch.

In this case ladrones are being asked to be more discriminating when choosing their victims. I'm not sure how to take that request. I am assuming the chamber of commerce prez is offering up himself and his family as a viable alternative choice to cruise ship tourists when insinuating that crimes against the rest of non-cruisers is preferable. It might be time to put another sign on the front door stating that I arrived by ship...

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

Musa must be kidding. The thieves Sindico is already busy with relo packages to bring in tigres from other parts of the country.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
OK.

Cleaned up.

Please, let's not make this a whore thread.

Damn one track minds.........................................