Frank Reyes - Dominican soon to be abroad in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe he does not want to get sued again for bonking a teen ho.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Going from a big fish in a small pond to swimming in the open sea makes so little sense.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
lol. pretty sure that for someone as rich as Frank Reyes, he will never be out of "luz" in here for a billion years. Doubt it is something he takes into account haha.

having luz in your house is nice, but when the rest of your town is in darkness, it ain?t too pretty.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Going from a big fish in a small pond to swimming in the open sea makes so little sense.

I dunno.. I'd rather be a small fish in a big pond rather than wondering.. What If? I like his music more than Romeo, and I've never heard of Frank Reyes begging for Americans to vote for him at the music awards like Romeo.I hope it works out for him.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Any show he puts on is well attended. Interesting statement by Frank.

And Miami will be better? Do Cubans and Puerto Ricans like Bachata?
He probably wins more awards in the US than in the DR (Premios Casandra is the biggest award ceremony among Dominican musicians/artists/tv personalities.) Even Dominicans that live and do most of their work outside the DR often get awards in the Casandra. Even descendants of Dominicans born and living abroad get recognitions in those awards.

He isn't alone, many bachateros complain that there is a form of prejudice against the genre, which is true but it used to be much worse. At one point simply being seen passing in front of a place blasting bachata was enough to get the chismosos chatting and for many young people to realize they were in trouble by the time they reached their homes. Bachata was the lowliest of the lowly music, avoided by anyone that thought of themselves at least somewhat respectable people.

Now Bachata is huge in the Spanish-speaking world and even beyond.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
He probably wins more awards in the US than in the DR (Premios Casandra is the biggest award ceremony among Dominican musicians/artists/tv personalities.) Even Dominicans that live and do most of their work outside the DR often get awards in the Casandra. Even descendants of Dominicans born and living abroad get recognitions in those awards.

He isn't alone, many bachateros complain that there is a form of prejudice against the genre, which is true but it used to be much worse. At one point simply being seen passing in front of a place blasting bachata was enough to get the chismosos chatting and for many young people to realize they were in trouble by the time they reached their homes. Bachata was the lowliest of the lowly music, avoided by anyone that thought of themselves at least somewhat respectable people.

Now Bachata is huge in the Spanish-speaking world and even beyond.

NALS, maybe it is huge in the Spanish speaking world. it is not huge beyond that.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012

Casandra is history. Premios Soberano ahora:

En Vivo | Premios Soberano

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
NALS, maybe it is huge in the Spanish speaking world. it is not huge beyond that.
Tell that to the Japanese and Koreans...

[video=youtube;Aqyf2XEg4Qk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqyf2XEg4Qk[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
And Brazil...

[video=youtube;ZjtgMRjKtzg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjtgMRjKtzg[/video]

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
And Russia...

[video=youtube;QW1tRwufmtM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1tRwufmtM[/video]

And...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
NALS, the Lambada also had a following of people around the world, who had little parties like these, with a few hundred people. what i am seeing here is not HUGE. huge is when you can name me a few dozen well known bachata bands from countries other than the DR.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Maybe he made that statement in order to get attention and in addition some publicity for his upcoming concert, you guys ever thought about that? ;)

I think he made the statement because he is moving to Miami because he does not feel appreciated enough here.

Status
Not open for further replies.