Medina orders an additional 1,800 cops, 2,350 troops to fight crime

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Santo Domingo.- President Danilo Medina ordered an increase in joint patrols with an additional 1,800 police and 2,350 soldiers in every street in the country to fight crime.

His instructions came Tuesday during a National Palace meeting with senior military and police officials, prosecutors and Presidency chief of staff Gustavo Montalvo, among others.

Newly appointed Police chief Nelson Peguero said the patrols begin immediately, aimed at bolstering public safety.

During a press conference with other heads of military departments, Peguero asked the citizens to have confidence in his tenure. “I will work day and night to bring peace and maintain public safety.”

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...ditional-1800-cops-2350-troops-to-fight-crime

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
do cops standing around in the shade fight crim? Many crooks are dumb but not dumb enough to do crime while the police are standing there. What we need is effective law enforcement which will never happen.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Have those 4000+ cops and troops undercover in sting operations.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
That's like the POPE sending 4,000 priests into the parishes to stop pedophilia!!!

PS,..."Don Danilo" if you send the SOMEWHERE, you have to take them from SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!
"DOMINICAN "Wack-A-Mole" ANYONE??????????????????????"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
More guys in uniform hanging around the plaza in the shade.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
#1, more is better than less.

#2, money deliver guy comes round yesterday. Driver of the motorbike works for bank place, guy on the back with gun......... PN in civil clothes ( we got into a conversation cos he thought I was PN (??) cos of my cedula, same as his, and also cos i had gun sticking out of my jeans :)------ well yeah, i trust them about as far as I can throw them ).
When I asked if it was his day off, he laughed and said no !! But no more food on the family table, so second job during his PN hours. He pointed out he was still preventing crime :)

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
better vetting and recruiting as well.

Yes, very true. I have asked a few friends who are of good character why they don't become a police officer....they laugh and ask me if I want them to be poor and hustle people to make a living.

islandhopping

Nov 11, 2014
That's like the POPE sending 4,000 priests into the parishes to stop pedophilia!!!

PS,..."Don Danilo" if you send the SOMEWHERE, you have to take them from SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!
"DOMINICAN "Wack-A-Mole" ANYONE??????????????????????"

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

OUCH, sad but seriously true.