Office Manager Vacancy - American Embassy Recreation Association

huskergal72

Aug 6, 2015
The American Embassy Recreation Association (AERA) is a not-for-profit association that provides goods and services to employees of the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo and their eligible family members. The
association manages a store and vendor contracts for various services inside the U.S. Embassy.

We are seeking to fill a vacancy for an Office Manager. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day bookkeeping for the organization,
- Compiling and sending out monthly bills to association members,
- Making all payments and deposits for the organization,
- Managing the relationship with current vendors, determining the
- profitability of all vendor relationships, identifying new vendors and making recommendations to the board,
- Developing sales and other campaigns to bring in customers,
- Scheduling/training store clerks and filling in as store clerk if necessary, and
- Provide a monthly status report to the Board of Directors.

Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship or EFM/MOH of a U.S. Direct-Hire Embassy employee.
- At least one year of bookkeeping or other office management related experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products or similar applications.
- Experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read and write proficiently in English and Spanish.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older and be able to pass a background check.

Position is part-time, 20 hours a week, with no benefits; salary is paid in U.S. currency, commensurate with experience. AERA is a U.S. registered business and required to withhold all appropriate U.S. payroll taxes. Selected candidate will start out in a trainee status at a lower salary.

To apply: send your resume to AERASDO at outlook dot com

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Requirements:
- At least one year of bookkeeping or other office management related experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older and be able to pass a background check.

Good luck finding someone that has this resume for a part time job at a starting salary with NO Benefits............

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Requirements:

Good luck finding someone that has this resume for a part time job at a starting salary with NO Benefits............

If I lived in SD I'd send in a resume, I'd love a job like that in DR, paying in dollars - commensurate with experience.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If I lived in SD I'd send in a resume, I'd love a job like that in DR, paying in dollars - commensurate with experience.

- Must be able to speak, read and write proficiently in English and Spanish. You can do this one. I give you credit.

RICHIEUSMC

Aug 25, 2015
I currently live in Orlando Florida and want to relocate to Dominican Republic, I have been trying to get a job at
the US embassy but I keep running into only " family members can apply for these open positions".. can someone explain why ? I'm a US veteran with a service connected disability..