AMET to impose order

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They're finally going to go after the publicos and guaguas????

AMET to impose order in the streets [google translate]

The director of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (AMET) warned Friday that will meet passenger carriers to impose order on the streets and eliminate improvised stops to avoid the chaos they have created carriers and drivers. General Frener Arias Bello said that for drivers who violate the law 241 on Land Transit, "Amet agents have been instructed to apply fines regardless of who you are or the rank of the person."

He noted that among his concern and main goal in front of the AMET is to reduce traffic accidents, and it will implement actions and measures in highways and avenues of the country, including controlling the speed of the vehicles.

General Arias Bello made this morning a courtesy visit to the deputy director of El Nacional, journalist Bolivar Diaz Gomez, next to AMET spokesman, journalist Diego Pesqueira and greater Ivan Matos link between the media and the governing body transit in the country.

He said the owner of AMET conducting a survey of existing evils in the sector to make viable the transit routes, and to address other problems that afflict sectors of Greater Santo Domingo, "after having hand evils are they will take action, and we expect the collaboration of the transport unions. "

"We need to regulate and end the chaos on highways, avenues, streets and country roads, remove the makeshift stalls set up by concho drivers in corners, affecting the free movement and peace of residents in many sectors, which will After meeting with representatives of the unions, "he said.

General Bello Arias said he was a champion of dialogue, "but as long as the law is respected, because a nation can not live in a permanent disorder because nobody respects the law, and that we will not allow."

He said that together with the Ministry of Public Works surveillance operations will be undertaken on freeways and highways, and drivers speed radars measure to reduce deaths and injuries from traffic accidents.
He said that the president appointed on AMET, and instructed him to agents of that body, in addition to regulate the traffic, also ensuring public safety.
Pilot Plan
General Bello Arias explained that the AMET and Public Works began yesterday testing to create longer express tour high Avenue John F. Kennedy, west-east.

"In the early hours the measures were implemented and it has been shown that traffic is flowing swiftly on Avenida Kennedy corner Winston Churchill, and we hope the results of the test for the feasibility of implementing it, but we want to streamline transit , especially at rush hour. "

The new owner of the AMET, drivers apologized for any inconvenience that the measure is causing them.
"These tests are designed to streamline high viability in this important way and that drivers save time and fuel," emphasized General Arias Bello.

A NOTE

There prevail dialogue

The director of the AMET, General Bello Frener Arias said his management will be characterized by dialogue between actors, and thus will meet with the leaders of the transport of passengers and cargo, as well as the motoconchistas, but without allowing them to disrespect Road traffic law.

Amet impondr? orden en las calles -

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I saw that same information published in "Listin Diario" during my first trip here in 1986!!!!
EVERY time a new Police Chief is "Crowned" he just dusts off the original declaration and changes the dates, and names.

The ONLY chief who can actually do what he says he will do, is Chandalier!!!
And the "Transport Unions", including the "Cocho Drivers" won't allow him the be "Chief"!!!!

If I had a peso for every time a government official promised a "Mano Duro" about ANYTHING, I would be "RICO"!!!!

This time will be NO DIFFERENT!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Exactly, this report appears almost verbatim every 2 to 4 years, and within days of any horrifically fatal accident such as the Boca Chica bound guagua that took a dive off Las Americas highway just east of the AMET cuartel (I know, sad irony). I would be so happy to see Criss Colon proven wrong on this one but I think there is a better chance of Juan Pablo Duarte rising from his tomb and walking up the Conde.

I saw that same information published in "Listin Diario" during my first trip here in 1986!!!!
EVERY time a new Police Chief is "Crowned" he just dusts off the original declaration and changes the dates, and names.

The ONLY chief who can actually do what he says he will do, is Chandalier!!!
And the "Transport Unions", including the "Cocho Drivers" won't allow him the be "Chief"!!!!

If I had a peso for every time a government official promised a "Mano Duro" about ANYTHING, I would be "RICO"!!!!

This time will be NO DIFFERENT!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes Yesss !!! finally someone is bringing a change!!

wow this is such great news!!!

This has been a long time coming! Great great news!

i have no interests in any pronouncements from a government that allows a pickup truck to be licensed as a public passenger vehicle. as i said before, i can understand a guy getting a ride in a pickup bed , but to allow the driver to charge for it is lunacy.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Try Guatemala, they are called Chivos and as many as 15 people stand in the pick up as it goes over dirt roads. They have to have a railing at shoulder height though .

in the DR, there is no form of protection whatsoever. a good swerve and guys and dolls will be on the pavement.