Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Universal medical/dental coverage

Does anyone know if there is a waiting period after buying/applying for a policy with Universal? Can I buy insurance and then use it immediately? Or is there a waiting period? Many thanks!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a waiting period of 2 months I believe for certain things. Not sure where you are located but we use Angie Wolffe in Sosua across from Brittania Pub. Her number is 809-571-3451, very nice Lady.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Harley… you wouldn't happen to know if dental requires a waiting period? :-\ Some previous dental work on a molar appears to have cracked… not bothering me right now but need to get it checked out.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I don't know about Dental. I hope it can wait a bit if need be, I hate tooth aches!!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

See a dentist and get a quote for the repair. You may find its not all that expensive to just go ahead and get it fixed. If not, you'll be able to inform the insurance agent exactly what you need to have done immediately on a new policy. They can then tell you if you will be able to proceed right away.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea Cdn_Gringo, I have been putting off dealing with this [email protected]#% tooth, but the last thing I want is to wake up one day with a serious dental problem… also have been putting off dealing with getting medical coverage here (still technically covered by Canadian medicare as I've been back and forth). I guess it's time to get organized.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you go to a good dentist though

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
    That's a good idea Cdn_Gringo, I have been putting off dealing with this [email protected]#% tooth, but the last thing I want is to wake up one day with a serious dental problem… also have been putting off dealing with getting medical coverage here (still technically covered by Canadian medicare as I've been back and forth). I guess it's time to get organized.
    sounds exactly like us, we put off insurance till the wife had some problems and we had to get it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    sounds exactly like us, we put off insurance till the wife had some problems and we had to get it.
    Glad to know I'm not the only one, lol…