Universal medical/dental coverage

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
Does anyone know if there is a waiting period after buying/applying for a policy with Universal? Can I buy insurance and then use it immediately? Or is there a waiting period? Many thanks!

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
Thanks Harley… you wouldn't happen to know if dental requires a waiting period? :-\ Some previous dental work on a molar appears to have cracked… not bothering me right now but need to get it checked out.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
See a dentist and get a quote for the repair. You may find its not all that expensive to just go ahead and get it fixed. If not, you'll be able to inform the insurance agent exactly what you need to have done immediately on a new policy. They can then tell you if you will be able to proceed right away.

Eleutheria

Jun 23, 2015
That's a good idea Cdn_Gringo, I have been putting off dealing with this d@#% tooth, but the last thing I want is to wake up one day with a serious dental problem… also have been putting off dealing with getting medical coverage here (still technically covered by Canadian medicare as I've been back and forth). I guess it's time to get organized.

That's a good idea Cdn_Gringo, I have been putting off dealing with this d@#% tooth, but the last thing I want is to wake up one day with a serious dental problem… also have been putting off dealing with getting medical coverage here (still technically covered by Canadian medicare as I've been back and forth). I guess it's time to get organized.

sounds exactly like us, we put off insurance till the wife had some problems and we had to get it.