Im going to be a millionaire in DR!

Los Lobos

Mar 8, 2011
It has come to my attention that DR is lacking something I can provide. I have notice that whenever I want ice for my drink it using involves someone bringing out a bowl of frozen water and beating away at it until you get pieces of ice that are small enough to fit in the glass. In my house this usually involves the person grabbing my good knives and chipping away at the ice. Out of 8 knives I have only one left with a point on it. I have also seen people use a hammer or furiously beating the bowl of ice on the countertop. So I have realized that no one knows what an ice cube tray is and Im going to import them and start selling. Disclaimer: This is a sarcastic post :cheeky:

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Sarcastic? That is a great idea. Doing the DR way I'll copy you and become a millionaire too, yeah. Already ordered 10000 units at alibaba.com!!! :bunny::dead:

May 29, 2006
A friend of mine went into the bagged ice business in the tropics. Made about $200/week net bagging ice into ten pound bags. The main prob in the DR is needing potable water. You always want two machines because they break down often, then a chest freezer for vending.

Buying a machine is way more complicated than I thought.. There are numerous shapes of ice "engineered" for different purposes. Restaurants use lens shaped ice so they need less soda to fill a glass and ice vendors often sell round tubes of ice to make the ten pound bags bigger. Square cubes are the easiest to produce.

Major448

Silver
Sep 8, 2010
For now, wouldn't it be better ... and more profitable ... to just sell more knives? :laugh:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ice cube trays will never work. Requires that you pour water into all those little holes. No Dominican will ever do it.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
A friend of mine went into the bagged ice business in the tropics. Made about $200/week net bagging ice into ten pound bags. The main prob in the DR is needing potable water. You always want two machines because they break down often, then a chest freezer for vending.

Buying a machine is way more complicated than I thought.. There are numerous shapes of ice "engineered" for different purposes. Restaurants use lens shaped ice so they need less soda to fill a glass and ice vendors often sell round tubes of ice to make the ten pound bags bigger. Square cubes are the easiest to produce.

Ice changes potable water into portable water!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
In defense of Dumbinicans, a large block of ice will survive a blackout, cubes not so much. There is no excuse for using good knives.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I used to clean one of those things in one of my jobs in the uk - even there they get pretty gross inside,cant imagine what they would be like here

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We let them play with machetes and steak knives already. A little ol ice pick doesn't concern any more than those.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
It has come to my attention that DR is lacking something I can provide. I have notice that whenever I want ice for my drink it using involves someone bringing out a bowl of frozen water and beating away at it until you get pieces of ice that are small enough to fit in the glass. In my house this usually involves the person grabbing my good knives and chipping away at the ice. Out of 8 knives I have only one left with a point on it. I have also seen people use a hammer or furiously beating the bowl of ice on the countertop. So I have realized that no one knows what an ice cube tray is and Im going to import them and start selling. Disclaimer: This is a sarcastic post :cheeky:

How about selling ice picks instead? They can also be used as a weapon.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i collect ice picks..have one in my car... i use block ice,,,i make it in my freezer...problem here is finding a suitable unbreakable plastic /metal/glass container to make ice in ,, remove ice. make more'''fill your freezer w/it and have plenty of it...if your freezer is full it will make ice almost "almost"twice as fast...not quite but alot faster...
im not buying ice for my drinks/cooler .... ..a special stop etc i have ice...and ice pick and i know how to chop it with out stabbing my hand or cooler or cans with it...and i like it better big pieces of ice,,,:knockedou:D:D:D:D:D:D