Front Windshield Tint

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I just put ceramic tints on a SUV in the US including the front windshield. As far as ceramic tints it is suppose to block more of the sun even if you don't go really dark. If you have a dark tint I think that will block a lot of the sun either way.

The front windshield you can barely tell that it is tinted. I have one area cut out of the front windshield so I can place the registration sticker on it. It does seem to block some of the heat with the front windshield. It is going to be a high of 102 degrees here today so I need all the help I can get.

I am not sure if anyone offers this in the Dominican or if anyone would be interested. It cost me $150 for the front windshield which is not cheap. Of course in the Dominican the labor would be a lot less it would just be a matter if they can get the same type (brand) of tint.

For the rest of the vehicle he just typed in my vehicle information and his machine actually cut every piece to fit my windows. For the windshield he had to cut the film by hand to make it fit.

I drove a vehicle in the Domincan with limo tint and it blocked a lot of the sun. But it was hard for me to see at night.

I think the type of vehicle you drive makes a difference in how beneficial it would be to have a tinted windshield. In my truck I am farther away from the windshield and it seems less important. In my Mazda Tribute (Ford Escape) I am closer to the windshield and the windshield tint is more beneficial.

Apr 13, 2011
Tinting of vehicle windows is done a lot in the DR. I do not remember how much it cost the last time I did it. The primary reason was for security, not as much for the sun. But yes, been in some cars in the DR where the tint was too dark and had to put down the window in order to see other cars when changing lanes or turning...
(Side note: you mentioned you did this in the US, Texas is probably legal, but some states have laws about the amount of tint and some states do not allow any tint on front door windows or front windshields... I think it has to do with protecting police officers during traffic stops so they can see in...)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Tinting of vehicle windows is done a lot in the DR. I do not remember how much it cost the last time I did it. The primary reason was for security, not as much for the sun. But yes, been in some cars in the DR where the tint was too dark and had to put down the window in order to see other cars when changing lanes or turning...
(Side note: you mentioned you did this in the US, Texas is probably legal, but some states have laws about the amount of tint and some states do not allow any tint on front door windows or front windshields... I think it has to do with protecting police officers during traffic stops so they can see in...)

NJ does not allow driver or passenger window tinting, for that very reason. We shipped our Toyota Venza down to DR, and Mr. AE took it to a tint guy to have those two windows done. I was flabbergasted at the price: 500 pesos for both. Damned good job too.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Dominican law also forbbids dark, no-see-in tint on windscreen and front side windows......
I have a pending AMET ticket on my wife's cedula for the last 3 years, with the "title" being timted windscreen. :(