Man with a gun in a tree in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
At 3.45 this afternoon, the police are assembled with rifles drawn at the intersection of Route 5 and Camino Llibre in Sosua, attempting to control a lone gunman in a tree. The area is cordonded off, but the situation is apparently still not secured.

I received a call with this information from a friend who had just walked into the scene. I am about 1/4 km up the hill from the scene and I can hear lots of police whistles and general mayhem.

Will report back when I hear new news. People in the immediate area: stay inside and lock all doors.

Very glad the maid was in today and the floors are all clean so that when I hit the deck I won't get a mouthful of dog hair and termite dust.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
There has been no traffic on Camino Llibre for the past hour and there are no sounds of traffic coming from Route 5, which I can normally hear from my location.

It is silent in a way that this town is never silent.

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Is this man a dentist?

4kcqjs.gif

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Just got the all-clear phone call from my friend. Still no traffic on Camino Llibre.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Traffic has resumed on Camino Llibre, but very limited. Not at all the normal 5 o'clock thunder.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
For What it's Worth

[video=youtube;gp5JCrSXkJY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY[/video]

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Traffic flow on Camino Llibre has resumed. My night watchman just arrived and he told me it all seems "normal" at that intersection.

Waiting for my friend, an American university professor here doing follow-up research on a previous project, is a fluent Spanish speaker and not one to panic without cause, to return with details. Let's just say I rivaled Denis Leary in cigarette pounding for a few minutes there....

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
We walked right by this about this time. No gun to be seen, and Policia National approached him without any guns drawn while we were there. He was standing on the small building in corner protesting about something. Cracks me up how everything is blown way out of proportion. Heck, the police didn't even stop anyone from walking up to the station in front of the guy.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
well, i am sure the cops must be glad they ended it without incident, since they have to buy back any bullets they discharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.