Police continue beatings of citizens at the police station in Sosua

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Police continue beatings of citizens at the police station in Sosua, including the youngsters
PUERTO PLATA Inexplicable assaults and beatings continue to citizens detained in the detachment of the National Police in the tourist town of Sosua, as several complaints are made in the media by family members of assaulted.
One week ago, the young man Arnaldo Warner Victoria 23-year-old had to be admitted to a private health center after being severely beaten inside the cell of the police station in Sosua, where he kept imprisoned after being arrested at night by the National Police patrol when he was walking down the street of Pedro Clisante.
The most recent case occurred last Monday ? a father of two young people showed a report that members of the National Police in Sos?a, arrested his sons, took them to the police station and beat them savagely without any justification.
When making his complaint Mr. Juan Bautista Villa, denounced on the television program ?Detr?s del Rumor? that his children were traveling on a motorcycle, when two policemen at the traffic light next to Playero supermarket stopped them, then they took the boys to the barracks where one of the them was greeted with a revolver at their head, which resulted in a wound and trauma to the skull, and they also beat his other younger son who got bruises on his left eye.
Bautista Villa said that such abuses committed against citizens by police in Sosua should be eradicated because almost daily acts of aggression are reported against decent people, while no action taken against criminals who are allegedly protected by the police.

Source: Puerto Plata Digital

August 5, 2015

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I avoid Sosua not because of the hookers and motoconchos, but because of the PN. I've been stopped and pulled over too many times recently. Super Pola is a far as I go.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Oh yea, all the people who got a beat down were walking to work or to church. More thief's and scam artists need more beat downs

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
u would think that this is going to affect business???tourism they listen sometimes...and of course it doesnt change things right away but in the next 3-6 months the # of touristd in sosua will be down...:rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo:

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Some of those moto dudes that sell "stuff" cut in and out of traffic causing havoc in the town riding around without mufflers ,drunk ,loud, urinating in the street need a good azz whooping

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
u would think that this is going to affect business???tourism they listen sometimes...and of course it doesnt change things right away but in the next 3-6 months the # of touristd in sosua will be down...:rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo::rambo:

sure, chic. nothing destroys a tourist industry more than revelations that the cops are kicking some guy?s ass in the jailhouse.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Some of those moto dudes that sell "stuff" cut in and out of traffic causing havoc in the town riding around without mufflers ,drunk ,loud, urinating in the street need a good azz whooping

not to mention the annoying little touts who try to act like they just got here from Nueba Yol. kick those guy?s asses, i say.

the cops know whose asses to kick. some of those asswipes deserve it.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Sure it is stereotyping to the max but:

I'm sure these two had their pants hanging around their knees. Were not wearing a helmet on their moto, probably ran the red light, definitely weaved through traffic posing a hazard to pedestrians and drivers alike and the first words out of their mouths when stopped and asked for a license, insurance or even basic ID, which neither had was, "pero, no es importa, Est?pido".

If the courts won't sanction these mouthy delinquents, their parents won't raise them with a modicum of civility, then the cops probably should try to modify behaviour.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Are we sure it was the cops that gave them the beating or fellow prisoners.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Stop complaining. They must have done something... It's like when your kid comes back from school with a letter from the teacher and he tells you "I did nothing wrong" "It's wasn't me"..... Yeah yeah yeah.... Been there done that.

And as if the police will start beating the tourists... Seriously ??

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Cops don't just pound people for no reason. These guys mouthed off to the PN and got tuned up.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
150,000 with Kickback

Lets ask Pichardo when the police are scheduled to be outiftted body cameras.

Done already.
150,000 were procured.
Kickback was good. :classic:
Now they can't find them any more...must be in some warehouse, though. ;)

Waiting for the batteries now.
Still negotiating about the kickback amount. :chinese:

But they are working on it....

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Done already.
150,000 were procured.
Kickback was good. :classic:
Now they can't find them any more...must be in some warehouse, though. ;)

Waiting for the batteries now.
Still negotiating about the kickback amount. :chinese:

But they are working on it....

donP

the politician?s kids all have one. they use them to take videos for their Feyboo page.

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
the politician?s kids all have one. they use them to take videos for their Feyboo page.

The Arab's grandson should go to the north coast and berate them. He gets away with it in his home town or his Mother should give them some Mala Palabras !

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
ok well teens i got no use for them much dont evan try to talk to them...they always going huh???

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Translation;
I don't talk to teens, because I can't have an intelligent, mature conversation with them.