Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default When will the Deportations Begin?

I believe the 45 day time limit for people to submit relevant Residency paper work is now up, has anyone been deported yet?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

No one knows....no one knows

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j&t's future View Post
    I believe the 45 day time limit for people to submit relevant Residency paper work is now up, has anyone been deported yet?
    i hear the time limit has been extended until december without any official statement being made

4. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't wait for the show ??

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Deportations have gone on for years and I expect they will continue to affect the same people they generally have in the past - Haitians and Interpol extradition targets. Yes, the latest rules are newish and enforcement is officially supposed to be across the board. If you are a fugitive from justice, or if you or your parents were born in Haiti and you are not a citizen of another country, then I think you could be subject to enforcement. The worst case for anyone else is an overstay fine when you leave the country and another excuse for national police and/or AMET to ask for money when they pull you over. I know a few business owners who employ foreigners. They are facilitating "legalization" for their employees so they don't have to give them days off to wait in line.

Let's make a pledge that anyone on DR1 who doesn't fall into the categories I mentioned but gets deported will immediately issue a red alert on DR1. Maybe we can make an offer to the government for a bulk purchase of cedulas.

Quote Originally Posted by j&t's future View Post

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

when? when dios quiere. duh.

8. Likes KateP, malko liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    when? when dios quiere. duh.
    Or si dios quiere....which leaves an even wider latitude

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    Or si dios quiere....which leaves an even wider latitude
    Seguro que yes.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Back in June, when the time for inscriptions ended, the government did said that as long as the voluntary repatriations kept occuring at a sizable amount (they didn't explained what they meant by sizable), the forced deportations would be postponed. Once the voluntary repatriations reduce themselves, then the forced deportations would initiate.

Polls Forum Moderator

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NALs View Post
    Back in June, when the time for inscriptions ended, the government did said that as long as the voluntary repatriations kept occuring at a sizable amount (they didn't explained what they meant by sizable), the forced deportations would be postponed. Once the voluntary repatriations reduce themselves, then the forced deportations would initiate.
    So theoretically it could be decades.....

13. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast