Got to LUV this home repair service

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Well my refrigerator is not as cold as it should be and the freezer is starting to build up ice. Repairman just arrived and the simple fix is put all my refrigerator items in the freezer and take out when needed, although he has seen my freezer is already packed with food............. It will be fixed by the end of the day, I learned to try to be patient because eventually things WILL get done

Last year when I first moved into this apartment the air conditioner in my bedroom was not working but the air conditioner across the hall in the spare bedroom was working. Same repairman goes, simple fix. Take ALL your furniture and move it into the other bedroom............. Same thing, the A/C did get fixed that day.

Sometimes I wonder if they just playing games with my mind???????????

Back to the frig. I have this thermometer in the freezer. Technician (they loved to be called that) puts the thermometer in the frig. Two seconds later he goes, see la nervera es bueno. I had to take the thermometer out, let it come to room temperature and put it back in before he realized, yes I do have a problem.

Last fifteen minutes has been spent with the techo trying to teach me how to put a little more bump into that fourth step when dancing bachata.

Really, you get ****ed many times but if you sit back all you can do is laugh.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I'm still amazed that a technician arrived when you expected him to. I think your proximity to CCCCCC might be having a warping effort on the force that isn't experienced by the rest of us who are further afield.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I'm still amazed that a technician arrived when you expected him to. I think your proximity to CCCCCC might be having a warping effort on the force that isn't experienced by the rest of us who are further afield.

I guess I was so much in shock I forgot to post the technician was to arrive at 10 this morning but showed up 15 minutes early.................

Oh, the boss shows up to check on repairs. He hears the music I am playing and now he teaches me another step or two and how to correctly pronounce bachata. You really, got to lub this place. Everything is a game.

With me, I found out once a Domicano realizes you are NOT yet another "ugly American" peeps become a little more friendly with you.............

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Ice Blockage

Well my refrigerator is not as cold as it should be and the freezer is starting to build up ice.

We had that problem once (with a new fridge).
The air duct between the freezer and the normal refrigerator compartment was blocked with ice.
We just had to take out a plastic panel to get to the problem and hot water solved it.

However, disconnecting the fridge and simply wait until all ice is melted in there, may also help.

donP