Certification for naturalisation by marriage

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
This is nothing new. The site has been down for a while. When you apply for citizenship you need to have had residency for at least 6 months - temporary or permanent and you have to provide a copy of your residency card and a certificate from Migracion to confirm you have had residency for at least 6 months.

Matilda

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This is nothing new. The site has been down for a while. When you apply for citizenship you need to have had residency for at least 6 months - temporary or permanent and you have to provide a copy of your residency card and a certificate from Migracion to confirm you have had residency for at least 6 months.

Matilda

Would that it was all that it takes.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Would that it was all that it takes.

The rest is not hard windeguy. Copy of birth and marriage cert, passport, receipt for ad in national paper and letter asking to be citizen, plus buena conducta.

matilda

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Man... I just can't decide to go for indefinite residence or citizenship. I could ace either one, I just can't convince myself I need a second passport.

It's not about the passport, at least to me. I don't care about the passport, but I hate doing all this renewal paperwork, it's very time consuming and frustrating at times.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I'm under the impression the Indefinite Residence means there's no more renewals. It's 10 years at least, I know that.

nope, not exactly.
you can get the residencia definitiva, when you already had the permanent residency for at least 10 years.
right, no renewals with medic check or such crap like on the permanent residency,
BUT,
you have to renew your card of your residencia definitiva every 5 years.
it's just the card renewal with fingerprints and photo taken,
but the same ride to la capital as all the otha stuff.
i was thinking about it, maybe i go for it in the future.
for now, my situation is this:
i am just since 4 years into my last perment residency renewal, still 6 years left, as it is given for 10 years.
so i don't have to renew anything til 2021.
if i change it now for the residencia definitiva, in 5 years i have to drive there again to get the card changed/"renewed".
i wait til closer to my necessary renewal date in 2021.
i have "hope", that by then, all that stuff can be done easily and hassle free at local offices near y home.
i "heard"(did not use the place myself, yet) that renewals can already be done in Veron(you hand in all paperwork here and pay the fees, they send the stuff to st dgo and then back here, for you to pick it up. again, didn't do it myself here, just "heard" about it).
if that's the case, then i will take a few weeks prior to my upcoming renewal, the def one.
a new card every 5 years for a very small fee, to be received around the corner of my home, that sounds about hassle free to me, then.

Mike

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
nope, not exactly.
you can get the residencia definitiva, when you already had the permanent residency for at least 10 years.
right, no renewals with medic check or such crap like on the permanent residency,
BUT,
you have to renew your card of your residencia definitiva every 5 years.
it's just the card renewal with fingerprints and photo taken,
but the same ride to la capital as all the otha stuff.
i was thinking about it, maybe i go for it in the future.
for now, my situation is this:
i am just since 4 years into my last perment residency renewal, still 6 years left, as it is given for 10 years.
so i don't have to renew anything til 2021.
if i change it now for the residencia definitiva, in 5 years i have to drive there again to get the card changed/"renewed".
i wait til closer to my necessary renewal date in 2021.
i have "hope", that by then, all that stuff can be done easily and hassle free at local offices near y home.
i "heard"(did not use the place myself, yet) that renewals can already be done in Veron(you hand in all paperwork here and pay the fees, they send the stuff to st dgo and then back here, for you to pick it up. again, didn't do it myself here, just "heard" about it).
if that's the case, then i will take a few weeks prior to my upcoming renewal, the def one.
a new card every 5 years for a very small fee, to be received around the corner of my home, that sounds about hassle free to me, then.

Mike

True only a small fee to redo the card - RD$2,500 but it is RD$20,000 the first time you apply for the residencia definitiva.

Matilda

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
True only a small fee to redo the card - RD$2,500 but it is RD$20,000 the first time you apply for the residencia definitiva.

Matilda

right, now i remember the 20K fee, which is fine, a cheapy, as it is for something "for ever".
my last 10 years renewal for my permanent residency cost exactly the same, 20K plus 1000.- for the VIP, so i got it around 45 minutes later or so in hand, the same day.
i wait til close to the date of expiration for my permanent residency and cedula cards, to see what is fact at that time then, to decide which one to take.
the renewal of the permanent residency been for myself always a piece of cake, a quicky. in, pay fees, wait somewhere 30-45 minutes, card in hand, out and fine for 10 years.
never had to do a medical or x-rays or anything else, other than the electronic fingerprints, electronic signature and photo taken. i heard that permanent residency renewals now have to do the medics stuff again, so the renewal would not be the same quicky as i always had it. such extra procedure added could be a reason to switch to the definitiva in 2021.

Mike