Our lovely rottie is dead

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A few years ago, we adopted a wonderful 1 yr old rottie named Tyson who had belonged to DR1ers who returned to the UK. I loved the big guy, and he loved us right back. We just got a call from Mr. AE's brother in DR, telling us that someone has poisoned and killed him, and I am devastated.

Yes, we know that this is often a prelude to having our home robbed, and that the female rottie, now all alone there, may be the next target. My suspicion is either a home robbery will follow, or it may have something to do with water. We're the only ones with a well, and someone might want access to our water [we have outside spigots].

Sitting here with tears running down my face, looking at his spitting-image daughter lying on the floor in front of me, we brought her here to NJ last year.

Tyson:
IMG_0362.jpg

His daughter:
11692662_971122232906941_40822742758683266_n.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Awwww, sorry for your loss AE and please be careful.

Thank you BB, we're in NJ and feel totally helpless. The caretaker thinks it's about our avocado trees, which are loaded and almost ready for picking. He thinks someone wants access to the finca to steal them [there are a lot of trees]. I can't stop crying.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Bastards.

You should poison the Avocados and leave the gate open for these a**holes.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
sorry to hear this, AlterEgo. just watch your back with extreme care. you are dealing with some tough customers here.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have been here so many times myself. Everyone one of them a memory I cherish. Too sad that someone would do this intentionally. Hopefully, this person will have to explain themselves at the pearly gates before the express ride down they deserve.

My sympathies.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Vicious Neighbours

I am very sorry to hear this.
Losing a good companion is like losing a family member.

Once again, this ruthless and cowardly act shows that we live among criminals and vicious characters. :tired:

May they get what they deserve. :mad:

donP

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I am very sorry to hear about your Dog... Have had dogs myself and I know how they are part of the Family. Its devastating, especially for hims to go in such a horrible way.
I would love to think that the Basturds could be caught and punished, but we know thats not gonna happen in the DR..

Again, so sorry for the loss of your beloved dog..RIP..

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Accelerated Karma

... punished, but we know thats not gonna happen in the DR...

Sometimes the culprit can be made out.
Then a donation to the right person (PN) can make Karma bring about very painful consequences. :cheeky:

donP

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Very sorry to hear this, may Tyson RIP.

Just about 3 days ago a small chihuahua was killed just in front of us, apparently a guagua with incompetent driver (there is a really high policia acostada but nobody cares, they just prefer to break their vehicles). We immediately secured that our white peluche (I have no idea what is her breed, about twice the size of a chihuahua, white silky hair) cannot enter the street.

At one point we had 5 dogs, had to give a few away due to space issues. We?d be devastated if anything would happen to any of those.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Islamic Share

Most Dominicans do not understand how much a gringa/o can be attached to an animal.
This attitude is - what I call - the Islamic share in the Dominican culture... :tired:

{There are other similarities... but I shall not elaborate. :cheeky: }

donP

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Are there any clues as to who will have done this terrible deed leading to Tyson's death? Did anyone see anything or anyone hanging about? Is there any possibility (God forbid) that it was a cane toad poisoning and not an evil person? Whatever, he is gone and that is the saddest thing - he was such a beautiful and still very young dog and should never ever have been made to suffer a death via poisoning. As I knew him myself, it makes me even sadder and understand your tears AE and Mr AE!

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Are there any clues as to who will have done this terrible deed leading to Tyson's death? Did anyone see anything or anyone hanging about? Is there any possibility (God forbid) that it was a cane toad poisoning and not an evil person? Whatever, he is gone and that is the saddest thing - he was such a beautiful and still very young dog and should never ever have been made to suffer a death via poisoning. As I knew him myself, it makes me even sadder and understand your tears AE and Mr AE!

No clues at all. Caretaker fed both dogs this morning, they were fine. A bit over an hour later he found the body in a corner. It's a big property, and anyone could throw a poisoned meatball over a wall - even if we were right there and we'd not know/see. Do cane toads mimic poison? Do they kill that fast?

We're shellshocked, and feel utterly helpless here. I'm so afraid they'll now try to kill the female.

Also concerned about the house & car too, of course.