Highway SD - Saman?

Sandkipper_zpsbjcyaoou.png

Sandkipper_2_zpsfll4aweb.png

Till Death Do Us Part....

donP

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
They load these trucks till the rear axles bend. Destroys the roads as if they are not bad enough already.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Wet sand weights more.

The chassis must have been wobbling for a long time.

Look at the one tyre totally damaged (before the "accident").

It is not an "accident", but a premeditated crash accepting the risk of killing and injuring innocent people for a small profit.

Ignorance and irresponsibility by all of them: owner, driver and everyone letting them go.
Including AMEDs and police at toll points.

In case someone is injured: should be all jailed.
But then, this island already is a big jail.

Alexander

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
PICHARDO will tell us that this is the new, ultramodern Dominican paradigm for moving freight around the country in a cost effective manner only the DR can achieve.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
You see it all the time on the autopistas, trucks with one or more wheels wobbling. Amet, the PN, MOPC should be pulling these trucks off the road as soon as they are observed. Being hit by that axle or driving into it would not have ended well. Just stupidity and negligence by all involved and those who should be.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Revista Checks

PICHARDO will tell us that ....

... at the revista inspection they detected a slight unroundness of the rear axle (0.012 mm). :cool:
The holder of the vehicle was duly informed and the truck summoned for another check within 2 weeks.

That was 12 years ago... :laugh:

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You see it all the time on the autopistas, trucks with one or more wheels wobbling. Amet, the PN, MOPC should be pulling these trucks off the road as soon as they are observed. Being hit by that axle or driving into it would not have ended well. Just stupidity and negligence by all involved and those who should be.

the mentality in the DR is that the government should not interfere in any matter which could jeopardize padres de familia in their quest to make a peso. more often than not, those methodologies are flat out dangerous, and result in mayhem and death. the government is faced with the choice of regulating dangerous practices, and leaving them alone. it chooses the latter, because the DR is a fatalistic society, wherein the belief is that all such events are the work of God. that is why the national motto is Si Dios Quiere. if the government was to take action against guys who overload buses, drive without brakes and lights, and drive recklessly on every occasion, it would be seen as an obstruction in the path of the attempt to make some pesos, and the political consequences would be dire. do not expect regulations to come, only funerals. they then attribute them to the hand of God.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Islamic Share

.... the DR is a fatalistic society, wherein the belief is that all such events are the work of God. that is why the national motto is Si Dios Quiere.

Didn't I say, that the awesome Dominican culture has quite a bit of Islam in it.... :cheeky:

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Didn't I say, that the awesome Dominican culture has quite a bit of Islam in it.... :cheeky:

donP

as i posted last week, the government licenses open backed pickup trucks as public passenger vehicles. that has got to be the limit. however, should one of those contraptions get into an accident, and six people fly out onto the pavement and die, the government will not get the blame for permitting such an atrocity to eventuate. it will have been just another Act of God.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That will only stand up until such time as someone with money is successful in suing the govt for being an ass. It might take a few tries. Luckily for the govt, most here don't have the resources to undertake such a challenge and those that do are too busy "flying under the radar" or wouldn't be "caught dead" riding in the back of a pickup in the first place.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That will only stand up until such time as someone with money is successful in suing the govt for being an ass. It might take a few tries. Luckily for the govt, most here don't have the resources to undertake such a challenge and those that do are too busy "flying under the radar" or wouldn't be "caught dead" riding in the back of a pickup in the first place.

i am not a legal scholar, but i scarcely believe that there is any legal doctrine in the DR which would hold the government liable for any such eventuality. the most important legal doctrine in the DR is no es mi culpa.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Which is why I feel safer on the mountain road sti to pop rather than the autopista. Those trucks are deadly.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Which is why I feel safer on the mountain road sti to pop rather than the autopista. Those trucks are deadly.

I partly agree, you have a point, but I have a few times witnessed simultaneously Caribe Tours and in front of that a truck passing vehicles on the wrong lane on that very same stretch, so that 5-6 vehicles coming to the other direction have had to stop and pull over to make them way and to avoid collision. Caribe Tours / trucks don?t use their turning signals, but rather high beams and horn, and they could care less if there?s traffic coming to the other way.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Why always want to explain these things and look for solutions!

Today is 15th; payday, so nobody, nobody gives a shlt.

Driver doesn't care truck is wobbling, over-loaded, driving too fast, tires wore and/or flat...payday baby!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
That Truck looks GROSSLY Over Loaded.....and not even meant to haul sand. imo.. Sand and Gravel Drump trailers usually have a completely different HALF Round Design, and meant for that...This looks like easily a 100K + load. .. would love to hear what a real Trucker thinks of this total disaster.. what a disgrace to even put that on the road..

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Kamikaze Pilots

.. would love to hear what a real Trucker thinks of this total disaster.. what a disgrace to even put that on the road..

Actually it's a crime.
The OWNER of the truck should be in jail for that.
The drivers are poor souls, maybe just proud to be at the wheel of a big vehicle.
Kamikaze pilots on Dominican roads.. they are everywhere.... :tired:

donP