Nanny-Housekeeper needing Sosua area

Status
Not open for further replies.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Our nanny just up and quit with no notice.

I need someone full time, Monday through Friday hours are 8am- 6pm.

Work involves taking care of a three year old girl all day, and nine year old boy after school/summer.
Must be able to prepare simple meals for the kids during the day, and prepare dinner or have basic cooking skills and be willing to learn to prepare a variety of dinners.
Must know how to swim.
Other duties include laundry, cleaning, dishes, general housework, grocery shopping ect.
Must be energetic and fun, and take the kids to the beach/park ect.
Must be fluent in Spanish, English is a plus.

Pay is RD$14,000 per month paid on the 1st, and 15th.

Please PM me if you know anyone interested in the position. Immediate start!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I might be able to help you but knowing how to swim is almost impossible.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
At the very least, not afraid of the water, and be able to doggie paddle.

This part is pretty important though, as she'll be watching the kids while they are in the pool. She'd need to be able to rescue them if something happened.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Wouldn't jumping into the poor ruin her hair styling? I would think that there would have to be a separate clause in the employment contract detailing a bonus for lifesaving efforts - after all you are already getting dinner...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
posters are reminded this is a thread offering employment. not on the salary requirements.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
Hi drSix,

As I'm currently unable to send PMs yet, please contact me if you're still looking.

I know someone who fits the description quite well I think, and can provide more details then.

Thanks.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hi drSix,

As I'm currently unable to send PMs yet, please contact me if you're still looking.

I know someone who fits the description quite well I think, and can provide more details then.

Thanks.

You should be able to send an e-mail, try that.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can also comment on any threads that interest you and after 10 posts you can send PMs.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
You should be able to send an e-mail, try that.

If i click on a person's profile, I get this message:

"Drak, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'll assume that it is tied into the 10 post requirement.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If i click on a person's profile, I get this message:

"Drak, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I'll assume that it is tied into the 10 post requirement.

My fault for not checking drsix's profile first - he doesn't have e-mails set up. You do, which is why I suggested it. Sorry for the confusion.

Drak

Jul 7, 2015
You correctly assumed.

Hi Bronxboy,

I'm at 10 posts now, and still cannot view profiles or even edit my own.

I logged out, and logged back in as well.

Do I need 11, or someone to authorize me?

Thanks

N/M: 11 it is!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Okay, I've gotten several responses! Thanks.

Now I am curious to know what was said about the wage I was offering. Someone posted "slave labor" on my Facebook post also. Aren't I offering like twice the minimum wage?

To the down voter and angry folks out there, what wage should I be paying?
And, why?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Okay, I've gotten several responses! Thanks.

Now I am curious to know what was said about the wage I was offering. Someone posted "slave labor" on my Facebook post also. Aren't I offering like twice the minimum wage?

To the down voter and angry folks out there, what wage should I be paying?
And, why?

That's a very good salary for a maid, most maids in Santo Domingo wouldn't get that, and they're paid the highest there.

Apr 13, 2011
14,000 pesos per month is a very good wage for a live in maid. Many are getting around 10,000... some only get 8000... and some get 12,000. The fact that you are paying 14,000 pesos per month puts you at a very good wage in comparison to what many people are paying maids for full-time live-in wage in the DR.
There will be people complaining that it is a low wage because it is only approximately $311 USD per month... and perhaps they are comparing it to minimum wage jobs outside of the DR. But in the DR, yes, you would be paying both higher than the minimum wage in the DR and higher than what most people pay for a service lady/maid.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Taking into account my limited experiencing hiring and paying for domestic help, your number doesn't immediately strike me as unreasonable based on the economic conditions here.

If I don't over think it, apply my first world sense of entitlement or convert the amount to dollars, it does indeed exceed what others are being paid for a similar set of responsibilities. I think this is just an opportunity for some to make an out of context social statement because they don't have the same needs, and don't have to pay the wages. If the wage offered was truly an affront, then no one would seek the job.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think it is a good salary for this kind of job. i hope you will find someone good.

Status
Not open for further replies.