Diving with Dressel Divers or Pelicano?

Gena

Jan 10, 2002
Hi, we're certified divers and will dive Isla Catalina wall and aquarium, and perhaps take a couple of other dive excursions when we go to Punta Cana in a few weeks.

Dressel is based at our resort, but Pelicano was recommended to me at one of the BBs, and they have been very good about communicating information in response to my questions.

Has anyone done any diving with either? Thumbs-up or thumbs-down on them? Is there one even better you'd recommend?

Also, what's the best dive experience you had there? And where would you go on your ONE night dive? We're looking for lots of sea life, lots of colorful coral -- we don't dive often and want to make the best of our few dives in the D.R. In addition to Catalina, I've heard of Catalinita, the Saona dives, Las Ballenas/the Cabo Cabron tower/Punta Tibisi in the Samana area (is this far?), the wreck of the Hickory and the Tanya (not all that excited about wrecks, Ontario dives are full of 'em) and Laguna Pepe (cavern dive). So, your suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Was told among the most exciting and unusual dives are:

Rincon in Samana north coast side to see "cathedrals."

Monte Cristi, in the Northwest, to the Barco de los Vidrios, in Playa Popa.

Pedernales, in the Southwest, to Bahia de las Aguilas and Cabo Falso.

Punta Palenque, to see reefs and corals, in San Cristobal, southwest of Santo Domingo.

Divergirl

Jun 22, 2006
Dressel Divers

Hi,

I can certainly recommend Dressel Divers. They have dive centres in Punta Cana, Bayahibe and Puerto Plata at Iberostar hotels.
I had dived with them in Mexico and was very happy with their service, so it was an easy choice for me to dive with them again in DR.
Have been diving with them in Punta Cana and Bayahibe ( local + Saona and Catalina island ) . They are sooo professional and fun at the same time. My friend dove with them at Puerto Plata and was also very pleased with their services.
They have great boats, no overcrowding.
I am an experienced diver and my travel partner was a total beginner, but we both felt very well taken care of.
You can check out their web www.dresseldivers.com

I wish you great diving !

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
My wife told me that she will leave me if I don't stop diving... God I'm going to miss her! Canadian Bob.