capos return to DR after serving time and they want their toys back

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
various criminals involved in drug business who have completed their sentences in the states came back to DR or are on the way back. and they want to ask for the government to return the properties that have been previously confiscated.
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...s-regresan-al-pais-reclamando-bienes-MH955295

it's crazy how these guys are sent back and are greeted by about 100 different people from 5-7 different
government organizations. Most of them standing there doing nothing. Completely inefficient.

The only person missing is the lady that sells quipes outside the airport.

what a joke

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
it's crazy how these guys are sent back and are greeted by about 100 different people from 5-7 different
government organizations. Most of them standing there doing nothing. Completely inefficient.

The only person missing is the lady that sells quipes outside the airport.

what a joke

Ok, that made me Laugh out loud , for real...

awesome..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What is more crazy is only serving about 3 years in prison for smuggling millions of dollars of drugs. Everyone that goes to Puerto Rico gets off with a slap on the wrist. Of course they all give up anybody they can to help their cause.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I would be ok with this if it were not for the fact that their property is being used by corrupt officials.

it has been basically stolen from them. In the states, they at least auction the stuff off (although there is also corruption in
this process sometimes).

So I am a drug dealer who has put himself at risk and has acquired a lot of assets. I get arrested and my belongings are seized. Here comes some corrupt official/general and he now lives in my apartment and is driving my brand new jeep which he
basically stole.

how is that any better?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
What is more crazy is only serving about 3 years in prison for smuggling millions of dollars of drugs. Everyone that goes to Puerto Rico gets off with a slap on the wrist. Of course they all give up anybody they can to help their cause.

think you nailed it.

3 years = they ratted some people out

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
That is a really sweet looking Porsche 911 on that page. It's not a very practical daily driver for the Dominican Republic but if the price is right....

A couple of months ago I saw an Audi R8 headed north on Tiradentes near Pastoriza. I remember thinking to myself "that car might not have been purchased with legally obtained funds. A Porsche 911 is a Toyota Corolla by comparison to the Audi R8.

the goodies are auctioned here as well: http://www.dncd.gob.do/concla-subas...-otros-por-un-valor-de-112-millones-de-pesos/
but i imagine it may be slightly crooked process.

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, The reason that these forfeitures do not occur is that when the US requests that an individual be extradited all of their pending DR cases are closed.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Good Afternoon, The reason that these forfeitures do not occur is that when the US requests that an individual be extradited all of their pending DR cases are closed.

It seems that every time the US extradites a Dominican drug lord he gets almost no time and keeps all his money and assets. The US makes a deal for him to give up people and he walks. Not very good for the DR.

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
I would be ok with this if it were not for the fact that their property is being used by corrupt officials.

it has been basically stolen from them. In the states, they at least auction the stuff off (although there is also corruption in
this process sometimes).

So I am a drug dealer who has put himself at risk and has acquired a lot of assets. I get arrested and my belongings are seized. Here comes some corrupt official/general and he now lives in my apartment and is driving my brand new jeep which he
basically stole.

how is that any better?
At least Dominicans have to be convicted... up until last year, in the states the government could take everything you own with only a suspicion that you were a drug dealer. In many cases, not even your family's assets were safe. Plenty of people had their mom's home confiscated as well. And trust me, the officers in the States take property for themselves after drug busts as well. There was an undercover cop driving a 2007+ Blacked out Z06 when I was living in NC.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Last edited:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
At least Dominicans have to be convicted... up until last year, in the states the government could take everything you own with only a suspicion that you were a drug dealer. In many cases, not even your family's assets were safe. Plenty of people had their mom's home confiscated as well. And trust me, the officers in the States take property for themselves after drug busts as well. There was an undercover cop driving a 2007+ Blacked out Z06 when I was living in NC.

yeh the state takes em and they are property of same...not the cop driving the car...