flight to NY

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Hello
are there any specials flying from Stgo to NY or POP to NY on the Sept 5th and return between Sept. 15th and 17th?
I rarely fly to NY for that reason i really don't know which Airline to choose and which airport.
Thanks in advance for the input :)

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Hello
are there any specials flying from Stgo to NY or POP to NY on the Sept 5th and return between Sept. 15th and 17th?
I rarely fly to NY for that reason i really don't know which Airline to choose and which airport.
Thanks in advance for the input :)

Where in NY are you going ?.. I Live in NJ, and still PREFER JFK.. but there are times when EWR ( newark) deals just cant be beat.. they had some $230 prices, a few weeks ago, but they snatched them back pretty quickly... you should be able to get a price of around $400- $450..
give some more details as to your preference of NY Jfk, or EWR and im sure you will get a lot more replies.. some of us are on Kayak almost DAILY and will post it when we see a deal.
As to Airlines, its going to be Jet Blue, Delta ,or United in that order .. Unless you dont mind a connecting flight in Miami with AA.. most prefer Direct flights .. so those are the 3 only airlines you want to deal with, imo.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Why don't you check with the airlines or Expedia? What does anybody on DR-1 know? (yea, yea: we're all a bunch of know-it-alls.)

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Where in NY are you going ?.. I Live in NJ, and still PREFER JFK.. but there are times when EWR ( newark) deals just cant be beat.. they had some $230 prices, a few weeks ago, but they snatched them back pretty quickly... you should be able to get a price of around $400- $450..
give some more details as to your preference of NY Jfk, or EWR and im sure you will get a lot more replies.. some of us are on Kayak almost DAILY and will post it when we see a deal.
As to Airlines, its going to be Jet Blue, Delta ,or United in that order .. Unless you dont mind a connecting flight in Miami with AA.. most prefer Direct flights .. so those are the 3 only airlines you want to deal with, imo.

going to NJ to visit friends.
Direct flights are of first choice :)

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

Ok, I will keep my eyes Peeled.. then UNITED is what you want to Monitor very closely.. they do the EWR to STI and POP thing.. . will keep you posted...but check Kayak..every day..
Next BIG Opportunity day is this coming TUESDAY..prices drop dramatically after midnight on Monsay, do NOT miss that date, its important, Sunday night you can start looking.. .. trust me on this part
Do not buy a ticket today or tomorrow.. Friday is the absol worst day. i wont steer you wrong.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013

See if this scenario works for you.
I visit family twice a month in New York. I fly Delta from MIA or FLL stop in NY for the entire day 10am -9pm and fly into Santiago on the overnite. Coming back , I do the same, stopping in NY 10am-7pm and flying back to FLL or MIA. I have done this from many destinations throughout the country not just South Florida. Flight R/T is 380 - 450

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sandy
JetBlue has a new 'low fare finder'.... POP to JFK and STI(Ithink)

check that out. I played with it this morning
or punch in 'dates flexible' and it will give you a month of fares

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Ok, I will keep my eyes Peeled.. then UNITED is what you want to Monitor very closely.. they do the EWR to STI and POP thing.. . will keep you posted...but check Kayak..every day..
Next BIG Opportunity day is this coming TUESDAY..prices drop dramatically after midnight on Monsay, do NOT miss that date, its important, Sunday night you can start looking.. .. trust me on this part
Do not buy a ticket today or tomorrow.. Friday is the absol worst day. i wont steer you wrong.

is it every tuesday that United lowers their SDQ EWR fares? I checked last Tuesday and they were in the $498 range.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
is it every tuesday that United lowers their SDQ EWR fares? I checked last Tuesday and they were in the $498 range.
Tuesday is the magic Day for some reason.. for Many of not all Airlines.
I JUST recently purchased Tickets to Europe for family members on Lufthansa , and Same exact thing, got an AWESOME deal waiting and then pulling the trigger on a TUES .. It seems to apply for a lot of destinations, cant say for sure if its for ALL.. but very possible..
Its a proven fact, not fiction . you can watch it happening on monday night into tuesday AM as the prices DROP.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
I'll keep an eye on this thread then... Hopefully if you see any updates you post them here

Thanks

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just paid $173.... one way.........JFK to AZS........Oct 24

accidentally bought on a Tuesday.

Buy Tues/Wed & travel mid-week usually is a winning combo

it was a JetBlue sale by e-mail

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Don't try to compare flight from USA to Dom. Rep. with flights from Dom. Rep. to USA. The later ones are always more expensive due to outrageous D.R. taxes.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
L
just FYI, Im seeing a Price of $449 right now to STI ...
to be perfectly honest.. that is NOT a bad Price at all and about what I would expect to pay this time of year
.... but i stand by what i said about Tuesday price drops.

http://www.kayak.com/flights/EWR,nearby-POP,nearby/2015-09-05-flexible/2015-09-16-flexible

2 weeks ago JB tickets from JFK/EWR to STI were available for mere $118 all in (one way) - for every day from Aug 24th on. JB has awesome prices now and then, just gotta check their site regularly.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just paid $173.... one way.........JFK to AZS........Oct 24

accidentally bought on a Tuesday.

Buy Tues/Wed & travel mid-week usually is a winning combo

it was a JetBlue sale by e-mail

And that was a "PLUS" seat.... could have been $15-20 lower.

October seems good.

Look at the new 'low fare search' format on JetBlue..... all fares for a 20-30 day period

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
I need to be there from the 5th to the 15 of Sept. Still there is a variation possible of +/-2 days...
I am used to search for European flights but the search optimization parameters are just vice versa
than i learned now to fly to the US. :) Thanks a lot for helping me to find a reasonable flight!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Check your e-mail... less than $400 round trip for your dates -- STI to NYC... either JFK or Newark

Ihope the link worked......JetBlue