Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. 08-22-2015 12:26 PM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

2. Likes TP666, DOC1727, POP Bad Boy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by businessdr View Post
    Everywhere I go with the wife they point and laugh at us. This is a daily occurence. The hate and insecurity they have towards foreigners is unlike anywhere else I have seen.

They have to be the most ignorant, hateful people I have ever encountered, all beggars, men, women and children.
    WOW, i find the complete opposite. The Dominicans i meet on a daily basis are a little stand offish but once they realize i am not just another ugly Americano they become some very friendly, helpful people.

..........maybe it is your deodorant?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Everywhere I go with the wife they point and laugh at us. This is a daily occurence. The hate and insecurity they have towards foreigners is unlike anywhere else I have seen.

They have to be the most ignorant, hateful people I have ever encountered, all beggars, men, women and children.
    ´maybe the fact that you consider them to be all ignorant hateful beggars is reflected in YOUR attitude toward them. just like a dog can sense fear, people sense hatred and disgust. maybe they are just returning your medicine.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

it's the shorts and flip flops. they hate rhe fact that you are comfortable when they boil in their jeans and dress shoes from la pulga.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you both foreigners?

Is your wife Dominican and are you much older than her?

I've never felt hatred from a Dominican for being a foreigner. I've been cheated on in stores or workshops but they do that to each other as well.

7. Likes caribmike, TP666, oriole100, jruane44 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Having another bad day, we see....

Perhaps they may not terribly appreciate the sense that you feel that way?

You know, even if you decide the entire country is not right for you (SD is just a small part of DR), there ARE another 200+ countries (including the one you are from) to explore. Just an option....

9. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

OP where do hang out at?? It is not hate that your feeling, it is the lack of your understanding for the people and the culture. I have been here a long time and while I have had my moments, I have never felt "hated". Maybe like you the people you encounter are having a bad day....

11. Likes drescape24 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans are EXPERTS at BODY LANGUAGE... and so to them, you are giving off a weird Vibe...
    Its not your Face they are reading, its your body I have oberved this many times. especially how Vendors pounce on people who say " no, no Gracias, thank you bla bla bla " trying to walk away but still looking back, meanwhile I shake my head sideways just once, and the vendor will immediately stop approaching cuz they know its not gonna be a SALE..
    And then I have done the opposite when I am interested in negotiating on an item, and they pick up on it immediately and go into their Sales pitch. they know its a sale, way before I ever go for my wallet.

Are you acting like you are going to be Mugged at any moment ? That could be viewed as offensive..

13. Likes bob saunders, Eleutheria, drescape24 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

¨They have to be the most ignorant, hateful people I have ever encountered¨

Is it ok if I call this guy a douchebag?

15. Likes jd426, nigrarosa, Meemselle, TropicalPaul liked this post
    Dislikes TP666 disliked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    ¨They have to be the most ignorant, hateful people I have ever encountered¨

Is it ok if I call this guy a douchebag?
    be my guest...

17. Likes jd426, Meemselle, TropicalPaul liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast