Costa Caribe - Juan Dolio

shell

Jan 13, 2002
Has any one been to the Costa Caribe Hotel in Juan Dolio? I have booked to go in June 2002 and would be interested to hear of anyone's views of the resort. What is the beach like? Is the food good? How expensive is the near by golf course? Is there any excursions you would reccommend? Any help would be appreciated!

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have just returned from Costa Caribe this week and it is a very comfortable resort. The food was presented nicely and it was good. The staff was attentive and always ready to serve in a timely manner. The animation team (resort entertainers)is the best in the area now in my opinion. They have many people on the team and they all work extremely hard to make sure you have a good time. I personally do not take part in the activities because I enjoy more taking in the sun and relaxing. I did enjoy watching them entertain other guests at the resort and talked to many of them about thier hard work. The shows at night are not the best in the area but they definately do the best with what they have available to them. Check in was extremely fast for the DR. :) The room was recently renovated, comfortable and cleaned to perfection every day. As for your questions about excursions that is usually a personal preference as to what you like to do. I like the trip to Saona Island the best. I suggest you talk with the tour reps available when you arrive there and then decide. The price of the tours has gone up considerably in the last 2 years and many people have stopped taking them for that reason. Any more questions? Feel free to ask. Also you should keep in mind that June is not high season so maybe you will find the resort less crowded and not so many employees working there at that time of year. I will add though that usually occupancy is 100% in January but during the week I was there it was more like 30% during the week and 50% on the weekend.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The beach was better than some in Jaun Dolio. It is small and clean and without coral on the bottom to hurt your feet. The resort has enough beach chairs on the beach and some have the thatched roof coverings which are nice for the strong sun. The water was warm and calm and you can walk out far. I saw people taking bread to the water to attract some fish. I do not snorkel but saw others doing it. I really can't tell you what it is like.

Billyone

Jan 15, 2002
coral caribe

I spent a couple of weeks at the Coral costa caribe , it's very nice there very clean , food was great.. You can snorkle right out front there is a reef you can swim out to . it's only about 5 feet deep out there. but lots to see !! .You can check out
www.coralhotels.com for pics or I have many I could send you !!

spartan

Jan 27, 2002
massage

Has anyone experience with the hotel's massage service? Is it possible to get a full service massage? Any info on this hotel or other massage places in the area will be greatly appreciated.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You can get a massage on the beach in front of Costa Caribe. A friend of mine got one and loved it. This massage will be on a table near the beach by one of the local vendors. Be sure to haggle price with them.