Blind Dog Urgently Needs Home

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
2pycdi1.jpg

This beautiful dog is blind and and its owner is going to live abroad and if a home isn't found the owner would prefer to put it to sleep. The owner can't take her and she can't survive on her own. She is about five years old. A foster home is a good second choice.

This information is from a friend of mine who lives in Santo Domingo. If you are interested I can put you in touch with my Dominican friend who speaks excellent English. I can get more information if necessary. Contact me by private mail.

I would take her in in a heartbeat but I have a full house and can't take in more dogs.

I had a blind Pekingese who died at age 17. Caring for that happy little fur ball expanded my soul.

Pup

Sep 27, 2013
If a home can't be found in time she should be brought to an animal shelter, not be put down. I'm sure a shelter can find a good home for this dog. I wish i could take her but unfortunately I am leaving the dr soon and also have to find a place for some of my dogs. Good luck

Pup

Sep 27, 2013
To both the OP and Pup, get in touch with Doggie House in Santo Domingo, wonderful people.

http://www.doggiehouse.org/

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/doggiehouseorg?fref=nf

pup, what kind of dogs do you have?

PS. I just looked at their facebook page, and this dog is already on there :)

The one I need to find a home for is a small mixed dog, part chihuahua but doesn't actually look like a chihuahua. Does anyone at that place speak english? I'm located in santiago. They have a shelter here but i don't like it, bad experience in the past.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The one I need to find a home for is a small mixed dog, part chihuahua but doesn't actually look like a chihuahua. Does anyone at that place speak english? I'm located in santiago. They have a shelter here but i don't like it, bad experience in the past.

I e-mailed them in English last week, and received a response in perfect English.