AMET, new and old tickets

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry to open a new topic on the theme,
no problem if a Mod wanna merge it.
i did not find the topic where we talked the last days about traffic infraction tickets and the way they have to be paid, and the thingy with old tickets(paid and unpaid ones) and their influence on renewing car related things.

so today i went to Banco de Reservas, their office at San Juan Plaza, and paid my latest ticket, which i received 3 weeks ago in Boca Chica for a red light violation.
i brought the ticket issued by the AMET official and my cedula, and the RD$1.667.- pesos, which are shown as the amount to pay on the AMET website, where you can type in your cedula number, to see what you have as a collection of unpaid tickets.
payment been easy and quick.
the girl at the cashier explained me that i have to bring the receipt of the payment to a AMET office, so the ticket will be taken off my list.
i did so right away, went to the AMET office in Veron, with the ticket at hand, they took care of it. the infractions are not taken off the system by the local offices directly, they just type into their computer that a certain ticket been paid and send a scan of the payment to santo domingo, where the thingy will be taken away. such may take a week before it really disappears in the computer(a significant point, which i will relate to later).

now i also found on that AMET page a old ticket of mine as unpaid, from January 2012.
in reality i paid the ticket 10-15 days after i received it, back in 2012, just that the cashier at the Bank did not explain me the stu necesity to bring the receipt of the payment to a AMET office, so i paid and did nothing further, under the imagination that the infraction is taken off the system automatically, as the bank types the payment into the computer.
that is not the case, it is important to bring the payment receipt to a AMET office.

i know i have to pay the ticket again, as i do not have the 3 1/2 years ago ticket, i don't keep receipts for that long, lol.
no problem to pay again, but how do you pay a ticket, when you do not have a ticket at hand?
I asked that question the cashier girl and the also the 2 guys and one girl at the AMET office.
both gave the same answer:
go to the AMET website, type in your cedula number, the page with your infraction shows up,
take a screenshot with your cellphone and bring it to the bank to pay for the ticket.
of course you can also print out the page online.
-------------------------------------------------
now comes the important additional stuff, which i did not hear about until a couple days ago here on DR1.
2 things, which you can not do, if you have a unpaid ticket under your cedula's name, since a new system for that stuff been introduced by AMET some months ago.
* you can not renew your Drivers License
** you can not renew thePlaca(License Plate) for a vehicle which is registered in Your name.

the coming month/september start the yearly renewals of the Placas/License Plates for all vehicles.
according to the AMET office it takes a week(so may we better count on serveral weeks then in reality<??, lol) before a paid for ticket disappears from the system, after the receipt for the payment been presented at a AMET office.
my point is,
if you ever got a ticket, check with your cedula number online, to assure that they do not show any old ticket in your name, or you do the ride to the office for Placa renewal for nothing.
and if you have open tickets, as i have, keep in mind the time til they really disappear after payment.

i paid the new ticket today,
tomorrow i will ride by the bank to repay the old one, with a cellphone picture(it has to show the ticket number, descroption of infraction, date and amount to be paid), and bring the receipt of that one also to the AMET office.
will let you know how it went and will frequently check the online page to see after what time frame they got "lost".

Mike

addy:
the AMET website is on http://amet.gob.do/
scroll down a little bit and you see on the right hand side "Consulta de Multas en Linea".
click on it and on the upcoming page enter your cedula number, click "busca"

Last edited:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Same here, 2 pending tickets I didn't know how to pay. Thanks Mike!

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Thanks for providing info about this but I can attest to the non veracity of this statement.

I have three (3) outstanding tickets and successfully renewed my driver's license five days ago.

so far for working DR ""Systems"", lol.
its the info i got.
my own last license renewal been 2013, the old ticket was already "open" at that time,
but i don't know since when they have that "running".
i am sure we will find out quickly, in case one day it works as they say it would.
thats not something new to us, right?
now i wanna see if the ticket payment with the photo on the smartphone works tomorrow.
will report back here.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
One more reason to have a car in a non-driver's name, or a corporation's name.

good point, lol.
but the ticket has to be issued in the Drivers name anyways, in case of drivers license renewal, in case it works that way one day.
PICHARDO,
whats the set timeline for that?
after Metro Line IV from Barahona to Cap Cana is running?
for the Placa, yes, would not be a relation to the driver/real owner's cedula.
but who would do such around 100 corners stuff, just to not pay a ticket?
they still could come after you for the ticket open in your name, in whom ever's name the car is registered.
anyways,
in this milenium sure no system will work sooo far to such point.

Mike

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I would have had a ticket today. The AMET girl was writing it up for me parking 4 metres from a stop sign. A Dominican guy that owned the store I was shopping in tried to help me out by pointing out the six motos that were parked between me and the stop sign, but she ignored him. Then she asked me if I was American, and I said no , I'm Canadian. She gave me a smile, said her brother was in Montreal and not to park there again and walked away without giving me the ticket.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I would have had a ticket today. The AMET girl was writing it up for me parking 4 metres from a stop sign. A Dominican guy that owned the store I was shopping in tried to help me out by pointing out the six motos that were parked between me and the stop sign, but she ignored him. Then she asked me if I was American, and I said no , I'm Canadian. She gave me a smile, said her brother was in Montreal and not to park there again and walked away without giving me the ticket.

Haaaa
corrupt Canucks.

Mike

Finally 1 GOOD reason to be Canadian!!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I would have had a ticket today. The AMET girl was writing it up for me parking 4 metres from a stop sign.

Secretly she hates Canadians and one day Bob will find out when he goes to renew his license that she just did not give him his copy. :cool: lol

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
i was wondering about this. i have a seat belt ticket and a speeding ticket from a rental what can they do to me being i only vacation there

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Secretly she hates Canadians and one day Bob will find out when he goes to renew his license that she just did not give him his copy. :cool: lol

Entirely within the realm of possibilities, but her boss also likes Canadians and knows me as well, so chances are I'm good to go.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i was wondering about this. i have a seat belt ticket and a speeding ticket from a rental what can they do to me being i only vacation there

they do nothing bad or complicated.
they just put your name in the computer of criminal foreigners,
and when ya arrive at the airport to leave to somewhere, your passport gets denied, lol.
ask Pichardo,
they are All Linked.

Mike

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Thank you Mike for the post... Very helpful for those of us that like to be clean in the system

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thats why i wrote it,
as i try exactly the same for myself.
i found the recommendation funny, to take my smartphone, do a screenshot of the online page with my infractions, and pay with the photo, lol.
i am still sceptic on it, will see tomorrow what it's worth at the end.
the times of computers in every household,
my 4years old daughter has her own smartphone and deletes games form it's full memory and installs new ones on it via internet, without any adult's help,
but the governmental institutions in charge to cash my tickets for traffic violations are not technically capable to let me pay my tickets without a paper at hand, or a screenshot with my cellphone, lol.
for example the girl at AMET sw my infractions on her computer, including the old one,
but no way to get a paper which would be valid to use it to pay the thingy.

Mike

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I was wondering too. I have two, maybe three, tickets I haven't paid. I'm no longer driving the car I was ticketed it, and I do not have a cedulla or DR license. What are they gonna do? Or can I look these tickets up, or find them somehow?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I was wondering too. I have two, maybe three, tickets I haven't paid. I'm no longer driving the car I was ticketed it, and I do not have a cedulla or DR license. What are they gonna do? Or can I look these tickets up, or find them somehow?

if you don't have a drivers license and cedula, i guess there is nothing THEY could do, lol.
what form of ID did you give them in hand when stopped?
other than the todays usual/required DR License and Cedula, i don't see a way they would store any infractions data.
it is all based on Cedula and drivers license(which all have the same number on it, the same for the residency card),
all those cards are based on the same number applied to a person, unique like in the US a social security number of a citizen.
if caught/stopped without a appropriate license or ID, their actual system would require that you do not continue your journey, taken in including the vehicle for ID check.
or pay a Propina and continue to da Beach, lol.
i don't know gow they run or plan to run the infractions in case of a foreign visitor who drive's legally with his/her foreign license together with a passport.
sure they issue a ticket with name and passportnumber and/or license number,
but what is that worth for THEM?
you just don't pay, and once the vacations over you go to the airport and fly back home.
in case of a rental car, which is shown as such in the car papers, they can pass the ticket on the car owner.
maybe they do that every time when a foreign drivers license is involved?
as every car has to be registered to someone, private person or corporation or rental car company,
so "maybe"(BIG maybe) a ticket is then issued in the name and cedula nu,ber of the person who registered a car.
i don't know such, just thinking out loud.
would be interesting to know.
because when you buy a car and a week later you want to pass the matricula into your name, IF they have a system working/running one sunny day, you may face a bunch of old tickets of the prior car owner? like purchasing a property with some Debts on it?
again, just what comes thru my mind thinking about the theme.
we need to ask Pichardo about it.
there sure is a solution in the make.
maybe together with the smartguns, something like a SmartCard for everything,
where they register anywhere and automatically and wireless by Gov Wifi(countrywide available) when you get a traffic ticket, showed the finger to a AMET chic trying to fine you for "wrong" parking, forget to renew your gun permit, get reminded of your wifes different birthdays and can purchase toilet paper at the Colmadito fiao.

there is no freakin' way they could link simple traffic infractions with the Immigrations system,
so just drive, get your tickets and then go back home when your time is up.
maybe there is a way to look up given tickets by license plate numbers?? handy for rental companies.
never heard about such nor would i know a link.
again, lots of speculation comes to mind, lol.
before i get my babygirl from school by Noon, i will find out how the smartphone picture payment system works at Banco de Reservas.

Mike

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Got a ticket ( well didnt get the paper ticket, but checked the AMET site and he had issued it, cos he was pi$$ed i wouldnt pay him off :) ), for " vitros tintados obscuros" , like 2 years ago, on a foreign DL.
Somehow, dont ask me how, it shows up on my wife's cedula #, on the AMET site. She is the owner of the car, not me.

Funny thing is she doesnt have a DL :).
And we had no problems, renewing marbete, changing cedulas, or leaving/arriving in the dr, FYI.