US Embassy Apostille Question

Gringonazo

Sep 27, 2014
Friends,

I promise I have searched high and low for the answer to my question, else I wouldn't be asking it. So, I hope you all can help.

We are in the process of applying for temporary residency. Many of you know that we are currently here on the NM1 Visa. One of the requirements is a federal background check. The FBI is 11-13 weeks out on providing said checks, so we are going through a channeling agency recommended by the FBI. My question is the following: Does the US Embassy Apostille the FBI Background Check results (per the requirement of Dominican Immigration Law)? If the Embassy does not, it looks like I will be going to the State Department in DC. Is there anyone who can shed some light on this for me? I certainly appreciate it and apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

Gringonazo

Sep 27, 2014
I received the following message from the Consular Communications Unit (I guess I should have waited just a little while longer before posting. My apologies):

"It is suggested that once you obtain the requested Federal Criminal Background check, you acquire its apostille from the Department of State in Washington, D.C. at the U.S. Department of State Authentications Office. Please refer to this link that contains information; http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/judicial/authentication-of-documents/office-of-authentications.html"

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I am in the same process. I did not use a "channeller" ( odd word - I always used it for those who got messages from dead people or spirits - and so imagined someone going -- wait,no, I think it is your Great Aunt Helen -- no... wait --itis the FBI)

First you have to chose a "channeller" who submits the proper form to be apostilled - not all of them do.

as far as I understood, one has to get it back from the FBI, change envelopes, include a check for $18 and send it to the State Department for the Apostille.

The Embassy here does do notary services - but I do not think that they apostille - (did not when I called for the birth certificate )

BUT the only way to be sure is to call the Embassy here.