English speaking lawyer?

dkadoch

Aug 27, 2015
Hello every one I just arrived to dr dose any one can recommend a good reliable English speaking lawyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Welcome to DR1 dkadoch, where are you located in DR? Will make it easier to make recommendations.

dkadoch

Aug 27, 2015
Hello forum I am new here in Santa Domingo can any one refer me to a good local lawyer English is a must thank you

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Go with my boy Christoph Sieger... just google him and he will hook you up with English speaking in SD.. Christoph is a partner at Guzman.. He likes to fight!

dkadoch

Aug 27, 2015
Thank you all for grate response I need a transaction and immigration lawyer one who can help in the initial steps in the Dominican

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Hello every one I just arrived to dr dose any one can recommend a good reliable English speaking lawyer

I trust them even less than the Spanish speaking ones.

dkadoch

Aug 27, 2015
Cristoray I here you but com on amigo they got to have some out their that are good and honest ...

dkadoch

Aug 27, 2015
Thank you KyleMacey I will visit your site and contact you

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Thank you all for grate response I need a transaction and immigration lawyer one who can help in the initial steps in the Dominican

If you want to be able to sit back and just go with them to collect it, then go with Guzman Ariza. You also can bypass some of the personal requirements if you don't know many people here yet and aren't happy disclosing financial details. They are expensive put pain/hassle free.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I have never heard of this law firm or anyone using them in my 15yrs in Santo Domingo.

http://www.squirepattonboggs.com/offices/santo-domingo

Based on my experience as a client about 10 years ago, this firm provides outstanding service. Awilda Alcantara, who is now a partner, handled a tedious negotiation of a sale of stock in a Dominican corporation , and a few years later aggressively pursued and obtained payment of significant outstanding balance that the purchaser had stopped paying. This action was lightning fast based on the strength of the wording of the documents she crafted, negotiated, and insisted upon.

I truly believe that if I had used any other firm, I would have had the nightmares everyone hears about within the Dominican legal system pursuing this debt.

Later, when I bought my property here , I used Guzman Ariza... but unknown to them I had this firm review every procedure and document prepared. Guzman Ariza overall did fine with the transaction and has provided good service and counsel since. Some issues with how the escrow money that I was concerned about were confirmed by Awilda to be non-standard and I simply requested from Guzman Ariza some documents for safeguarding the funds that were agreed to.

In terms of professionalism from receptionist to the lawyers themselves , Squire Patton Boggs wins hands down in my experience. (At the time they were Squire Sanders Dempsey). I did have the impression that they are geared more toward larger corporate services than individual clients, and ten years ago I paid probably double hourly what Guzman Ariza charges today... But what they did for me was worth every peso spent x 100.

Bottom line: highly recommend for serious legal consultation. also recommend Guzman Ariza overall, but never felt quite the same professionalism

Last edited:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You pay two lawyers to do one lawyers work? I suppose that is one way to keep clean transactions through DR, expensive though!

dkadoch

Aug 27, 2015
CFA123 thank you for the impute amigo it is very helpful ...

dkadoch

Aug 27, 2015
Thank you all you are a grate group of people have a good weekend and keep safe