Road trip to Punta Cana Friday Morning from Cabarete

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I'm leaving tomorrow morning (Friday Morning) to Punta Cana. If anyone wants to share fuel costs, you're welcome to come along. One warning: I drive fast--some say reckless--and will only stop once. Anyone who needs to urinate before or after that "one" stop will have to do it either in their hands, a cup, or out the window.

Each trip, I try and beat my last time. I'm on a mission from god. The mission is to beat whatever my last time to Punta Cana was (I keep a log). Each trip i try and time it just right in order barely reach Punta Cana on just enough fumes of fuel where i can cost into the town on empty. Don't worry, I have it down to a science. Also, i try and average around 70mph the whole way. There maybe be some four-wheeling involved, some off-roading, some big air (jumping over speed bumps), a lot of red-light running, a few scratches and bruises from bouncing off the car roof, and we may or may not run over a few AMET in Nagua...depending on whether or not they're smart enough to move out of the way.

I do not have car insurance. I do not have a driver's license. but what i lack in the legal department i more then make up in outrageous story-telling and lies. I'll be driving a Jeep Rubicon. It takes about 4000 in gas one way. The toll roads are another $1000 pesos or more (i will cover that by driving directly through the gates without slowing down). Fuel costs will be $2000 per person. Entertainment is free. Music is free--i only play 60's & 70's music. You might want to bring an airline vomit bag.

Hector L

Jun 11, 2010
Some professional baseball players pee on their hands to toughen them and enable them to get a better grip on the bat. Have you considered baseball.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The weather in Punta Cana is not very good at the moment. A lot of high winds and rain on and off. Take it easy on the speed Frank.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Some professional baseball players pee on their hands to toughen them and enable them to get a better grip on the bat. Have you considered baseball.

Jose Rijo used snake oil on his pitching arm, I like that better. ;)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I made it. We got here at 10am this morning. we took off late in the morning in order to beat the rain and wind. I saw a huge billboard sign that got blown over and laying partially on the highway between Bavaro and Punta Cana. I also saw one nice accident involving a vegetable truck along the same stretch of highway.

So far, so good. Just a lot of wind.

Frank

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I would love to do that road trip. Hell I would even buy the beer if you agreed to more than one pee break.