430 Mt/4600 Sq ft Modern Home in Santiago , Pool, Gated

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
http://dr1.com/realestate/property/P_1930.html is the link to my ad.

430 mts construction modern home in one of the best gated communities in Santiago.

Top end everything in this home, full marble staircase, stainless steel railings, brazilian granite countertops and over 60 LED lighting fixtures in the home, extremely energy efficient.

10x6 meter pool that is made with poured concrete, not concrete blocks, with over 12 jets and bench seating.

Professional crown molding and all roofs are plaster which leaves a much higher end finish than normal stucco.

4 full bedrooms, 1 Service bedroom, and 5 1/2 bathrooms including half bath for visitors attached to living area.

3 living areas, large dining area, large exterior terrace with views of the pool and large patio, and a large balcony off the 2nd story living room for your relaxation and views towards Camp David. ( We also enjoy the breeze from Camp David )

The house is 90% done but will be complete before sale, I decided to advertise it before sale in case there were finishing touches that could be customized for the buyer. I have also included in the AD the 3D plans that were made for the house to give an idea of the finished project.

My personal home is also in the same gated community so it attests for how confident I am in the security and tranquility of our community.

The price for the home is 17.9 Million RD or 395k US$ , lightly negotiable. I am looking for a buyer that can appreciate the quality that has put into this build and is dedicated to maintaining their home appropriately.

ejssJIt.jpg

JjSIE6Q.jpg

k6Z4Z2F.jpg

zFb7QKH.jpg

CQBGSTo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Those are very nice stone counters (are the Cocina fotos actual images.) Don't like the kitchen faucet though, unless that is High end the water will splash all over the place because of the spout design ( but that's an easy fix). Also a little concerned with the Terrace brick front wall (front left) I'm assuming that has rebar running through it then it would be OK.. Overall VERY NICE property for the DR. Very roomy Cocina.. nice design! Home like that would cost double where I live..

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Those are very nice stone counters (are the Cocina fotos actual images.) Don't like the kitchen faucet though, unless that is High end the water will splash all over the place because of the spout design ( but that's an easy fix). Also a little concerned with the Terrace brick front wall (front left) I'm assuming that has rebar running through it then it would be OK.. Overall VERY NICE property for the DR. Very roomy Cocina.. nice design! Home like that would cost double where I live..

The front left wall is a full concrete column filled with rebar so that will never be a problem. Also, all of the homes faucets and bathroom fixtures are Hansgrohe or equivalent quality. Purchased from Bacessory here in Santiago

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
only my opinion but very ugly.
and the 3rd picture is an artists redition

The kitchen is also a rendition, not a real picture.
No way would the kitchen be immaculate, not a spec of dirt with the rest of the house 3/4 complete.

Anyway, it looks nice, where is the pool?

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
It's beautiful in all respects. Superior design. Congratulations. I guess you built it to sell?

(Whether it fits where it is built is a different question.)

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
The OP acknowledges that architect's renderings are included in the ad. (At least I guess that is what '3D plans' means.)

"I have also included in the AD the 3D plans that were made for the house to give an idea of the finished project."

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My only negative comment is that the kitchen suks in a very bad way. Since 99.99% of Dominican architects don't do their own cooking they have no idea
how to do a kitchen and take plans from Architectural Digest or someplace else.
Gee HB, how un-characteristic of you! Such harsh criticisms...
Yes, because there is no place to put your feet, either in front of the sink or around the island. This is a major
flaw. If the kitchen is not finished, FIX IT...

Otherwise, while perhaps not a fan of the "boxiness" there was one thing that caught my eye: The covered entrance
to the front door. Very stylish and a recognition of the rural tradition of providing a person with some
shade of rain protection while they wait for the gate/door to be opened. A nice touch.

Price is reasonable.

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not my style.
AND, when my neighbor farts, I don't want to smell it. or hear it.
NO YARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
My only negative comment is that the kitchen suks in a very bad way. Since 99.99% of Dominican architects don't do their own cooking they have no idea
how to do a kitchen and take plans from Architectural Digest or someplace else.
Gee HB, how un-characteristic of you! Such harsh criticisms...
Yes, because there is no place to put your feet, either in front of the sink or around the island. This is a major
flaw. If the kitchen is not finished, FIX IT...

HB

What HB is saying is you need a "toe-kick" recess on all floor cabinets. Two reasons: One, as HB says without it you can't stand close to the counter, and two, if the floor is not level or the doors swell with humidity you will not be able to open/close them.

My only other comment, 18-21" or 40-45cm max distance between counter top and bottom of upper cabinets, otherwise any shelves other than the bottom are unreachable without a stool. The distance in the rendition appears to be larger. Also under cabinet lighting would be a bonus.

:classic: mob
(20+ years in kitchen design. PM me if you want.)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Did you play with Leggos lots when you were a kid? Sell to Dominicans you build a gigantic kitchen, ginormous counters and cabinets. Wife is in charge, she likes the kitchen, its sold. Dominican family life is in the kitchen. Largest room in our house is the kitchen. I suggested to the wife that our kitchen was to big and we should divide it up. Now I know better. The kitchen table must seat at least eight people.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Wait till the cleaning lady starts dumping buckets of cloro water on the floor. You will really miss the rubberized kickboard.