HELP!! My wife left her purse home

rubantin

Aug 22, 2015
We are on our way to the airport which is 5 hours away we have travel two and a half hours. My wife realize that she left her purse at home the only thing we have is her passport. Does she need any other identification or anything for the trip that she might have in her purse. I have all the money I have credit cards and everything I think we need for the trip. Is there any reason that we should have to go back and 5 hours

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
passport is fine to travel, unless she is a resident and has not left DR for a long time. without residency card or at least a cedula she may have to pay the overstay fee and then need to buy tourist card upon arrival.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
her residency card number is the same as her cedula card number and her driver's license number (dominican republic).
AZB

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I was standing in line once at Newark, the first check-in point for baggage. About 3 or 4 people in front of me were a young couple. They reach the check-in counter and she asks him for the passports but he had forgot hers. Their relationship went from lovey dovey vacation mode to postal in a heartbeat.

They must have lived somewhere nearby cause he was calling her brother-in-law to go to the house and get her passport. The hubbies on the phone and she's in the background screaming "just break the f'king glass!" Pre-Flight entertainment.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
leave wife by side of road w/50$us...and continue to airport....no only kidding...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
just another useless dominican fact:
your renewed dominican passport has the same number as the old one, just the book number changes.
the book number is the number punched in on the pages of the passport as tiny holes.
where as a renewed american passport gets the passport number changed. I think we have no book number.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I was standing in line once at Newark, the first check-in point for baggage. About 3 or 4 people in front of me were a young couple. They reach the check-in counter and she asks him for the passports but he had forgot hers. Their relationship went from lovey dovey vacation mode to postal in a heartbeat.

They must have lived somewhere nearby cause he was calling her brother-in-law to go to the house and get her passport. The hubbies on the phone and she's in the background screaming "just break the f'king glass!" Pre-Flight entertainment.

Nice one...
LMAO..

Group of us at JFK... we check in.. one guy ( retired Cop no less) realizes his passort is Literally Expired.. the look on his face as we tell him " dude, you aint flying today"...

like 30 hours later.. he proudly walks onto the Beach we are all sunburned already, and a little drunk
He is about $400 Lighter in his wallet but all proud of himself
" see ,Im Here". he had to pull some strings, but he got it done.
our driver who picked his VIP Arse up at POP, is shaking his head, laughing.

He never made that mistake again.
To this day we still ask him. "hey , have you checked to make sure your passport is not expiring soon".
LOL

All you need is that Valid Passport.. NO other Document will get you on that plane.
Conversely no other document is Needed..

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
Seeing that woman carry these huge purches I always wonder what they are carrying around?

I assume the Topic Poster wife doesnt need any residence visa proof etc? if not a valid passport should work

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Where does the OP state he/she is a Dominican resident in any of their posts, talk about tangents.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Where does the OP state he/she is a Dominican resident in any of their posts, talk about tangents.

we just threw all that extra info at them, just in case if conversation went that way. you know, to save time as the poor couple are at the airport already.
AZB

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
All you need is that Valid Passport.. NO other Document will get you on that plane.
Conversely no other document is Needed..

Drivers' license or state ID will get you on the plane now if you're not flying internationally. It may change soon, but those will also work.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Drivers' license or state ID will get you on the plane now if you're not flying internationally. It may change soon, but those will also work.

The last time I looked at a map, DR is considered an "International" destination, therefore a passport is required to get a boarding pass.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Back up and ask yourself. Why bring coal to Newcastle?