Sometimes I really Hate this Place - MaxxJaxx Bitch

MaxxJaxx

Almost Silver...
Jan 1, 2002
It's Time for a Vacation

It's time for a vacation. Sorry I edited the original post. I realized when I woke up this morning I was letting to many little things tick me off.

Thank God I leave for SE Asia in a couple of weeks.

Maxx

P.S. I have posted my original bitch in the proper thread "shoeshine Kids" for criss. tw or anyone else to rip apart.

THIS POST WAS MODIFIED ON TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

Last edited:

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
so then

Who are you pissed at...the kid that apparently has first hand knowledge of what happens if he doesn't shine the cops shoes, or the cop? How do you think the kid would fare if he made the cop wait for him to finish some gringo's shoes before his?

These kids are not in the easiest spot, dude, you have to chill. They need the pesos you gave them, but not at the expense of their livelihood. You may be mistaking disrespect with survival on this one...

marc

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Maxx & Marc

two good posts...I know how you feel Maxx..I've been there, but at the same time Marc is right. What would **** me off is the fact that the cops don't do too much for the average joe down there, but still retain the utmost respect, or maybe I should say fear of what thier badges will let them do!

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I would have.....

In this situation I would have walked away from the shoeshine boy and let him chase me. Besides survival, this behavior has more to do with lack of education and manners.

This is what I stated before in a post today that Pib's bleeding heart objected to. Today's shoeshine boy has no ethics at all. Old shoeshine boys used to be respectful businessmen. They would not harass you for a shine. They would walk around saying "limpiabotas!!" and people would have the choice of calling them, or not.

Today, they want to force themselves into us like beach vendors. They even fight amongst each other for a shine. The big one would shove the smaller one aside. These kids are just tigueres who do part time showshining and the rest of the time breaking into homes, or looking for the opportunity to steal a bycicle.

Ok, now ...let's have some bleeding hearts scream at me. It won't change my attitude for tigueres.

TW

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Tigeuraso

I thought that is what the "T" in "TW" stood for :)

They are annoying, yes, but I can think of worse things.

I say we just round them up and grind them into beef that we could feed to the hungry. Then we'll move to the beach vendors...

marc

Last edited: